Skip to content

Stone Esquire
sssteve72

coreServiceShell.exe What is it doing anyway?

My computer just pretty much froze up today for about 30 minutes. 

(let's not go into computer specs that ain't it)

Ok...

XP pro SP3 all updates 32bit

XEON 5160 2.99Ghz

4GB ram

160GB hdd with about 54GB free

Nvidia FX3500 quadro

anyway...

My question is does anyone know what exactly coreServiceShell.exe is doing anyway?  It wasn't performing any system scan that I setup on my workstation.  It would appear to me it is indexing something sorta behind the scenes.  Every so often this happens and everytime I notice this file running.  

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
kirill

Re: coreServiceShell.exe What is it doing anyway?

Hi,\

This service is scan component of WFBS 7 and DS 8..

Kirill

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate Emeritus. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as KirillGelfand.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
sssteve72

pardon my stupidity but what does

WBFS and DS stand for?

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
kirill

Sorry, the DS 8 - is Deep Security 8 product and WFBS 7 - is worry free business security product.  Both is Trend Micro security products.

Kirill

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate Emeritus. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as KirillGelfand.
Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

Multiple Trend Micro products use that file. Which Trend Micro antivirus product do you have installed? Have you installed the latest version, service pack, and/or patches for it?

Gregg

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.