Skip to content

Stone Esquire
rstagner
Accepted Solution

Worry Free File Cleanup

It seems that I've seen this asked before, but I can't find it.  Several of the SBS servers I support are being overwhelmed with Trend Micro Worry Free files.  I need to know what I can delete safely.  Customers are getting unhappy when I tell them their A/V software is eating the OS partition.  The 200 Mb + tmp files are a major headache along with the old pattern files at 100 Mb each.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
michaello

Re: Worry Free File Cleanup

Hi,

Please use Disk Cleaner http://esupport.trendmicro.com/pages/Worry-Free-Business-Security-Standard-Advanced-Disk-Cleaner.asp...

The following directories will be cleaned:

<CSA>\AU_Data\AU_Temp\*

<CSA>\Reserve

<SS>\PCCSRV\TEMP\* (except hidden files)

<SS>\PCCSRV\Web\Service\AU_Data\AU_Temp\*

<SS>\PCCSRV\wss\*.log

<SS>\PCCSRV\wss\AU_Data\AU_Temp\*

<SS>\PCCSRV\Backup\*

<SS>\PCCSRV\Virus\* (Delete quarantined files older than two weeks, except NOTVIRUS file)

<SS>\PCCSRV\ssaptpn.xxx (keep the latest pattern only)

<SS>\PCCSRV\lpt$vpn.xxx (keep the latest three patterns only)

<SS>\PCCSRV\icrc$oth.xxx (keep the latest three patterns only)

<SS>\DBBackup\* (keep latest two subfolders only)

<MSA>\AU_Data\AU_Temp\*

<MSA>\Debug\*

<MSA>\engine\vsapi\latest\pattern\*

Regards,

Michaello

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire kw
Stone Esquire
kw

Hello, I run this tool but the folder "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Client Server Security Agent" still has over 2.0GB of files named "icrc$oth.743 and icrc$oth.744 and so on" Can these be removed? What are they used for and why do I need 2GB of them? Thanks, Ken
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
ryandelany

Those are copies of the current and a few previous pattern files in the event that you need to rollback.  You shouldn't have 2GB of them, but you should have a few.

Have you installed the latest service packs on your installation?

Ryan

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
mdicosola

Will this tool work with ISVW files as well? - Mike

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Toine

Dear Michaello,

I do see that Trend Micro disk cleaner is marked as the solution. Don't expect that disk cleaning will solve the cause.

Can you tell if this problem is solved as of a certain software version or an other way ?

Regards,

Toine

Please use plain text.
Moderator Emeritus
JSMO

Hi Toine,

The member who created this thread has found the answer to his question (Solution) Marked as Accepted solution.

If you think this is not the solution to your issue I would suggest creating a new thread.

Cheers

Please use plain text.