Stone Esquire
paytonvision
Accepted Solution

Worry Free: Cookie VS Spyware frequent reporting

The options for suppressing frequent cookies found would also suppress actual malware.

How to turn off cookies and keep spyware around 5 per hour??

Spyware detected on desktops/servers exceeds: 15 in 1 hour

Is the current setting.  And I'm getting an email every hour about cookies.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

Re: Worry Free: Cookie VS Spyware frequent reporting

I always uncheck the "Add cookie detections to the Spyware log" box in global settings. Maybe that will work for you.

Gregg

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
ibcos_mark

I know this is an old topic, but I couldn't find this answer anywhere, so thought I'd post it.

My setting for "Add cookie detections to the Spyware log" was disabled/greyed out.

I had to change the following lines in the ofcscan.ini file to allow me to change it from within the GUI

CookieScanner=1

LogCookie=0

The CookieScanner setting opens up the tick box and the LogCookie enables/disabled the setting.

Hope this helps someone else and saves them waiting for a ticket to get answered!

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

That setting should not have been grayed out, but it's nice to know that you found a fix and were courteous enough to post it.

Gregg Hill

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire xx
Stone Esquire
xx

Thanks for posting the fix.

I had the same problem.

Please use plain text.