Skip to content

Stone Emissary
technorave

Woo Hoo, Round 2 of WFBS v7.0 SP1 Beta Testing.

Just got my invite for Round #2 of the almighty Servick Pack 1 for WFBS v7.0.

Here is what we have to look forward to.  Hopefully it's not hot air and marketing fluff.

What’s New

• Provides updates for Worry-Free Business Security 7.0 including a collection of all up to date critical patches and fixes as well as performance and functional issues
  • Improved installation process as well as shorten installation time
  • Trusted Program feature allowing configuration of application to reduce I/O activities
  • Improved high CPU consumption for component updates
  • Easier management and troubleshooting tools including hotfix deployment status and logs query.
  • Integration of TmPerf tool to automatically add exclusion

Sounds good on paper :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Honored Esquire
StillLooking

Re: Woo Hoo, Round 2 of WFBS v7.0 SP1 Beta Testing.

I got my invite too! Yahoo! Not a bats chance in hell :smileyhappy: as it will probably be one step forward and 10 back. Got better things to do with my time :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

"Sounds good on paper"

So did the initial release!

D'oh!

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
technorave

Yes Sir,

So So True.  But you know what.  I'm going to give Trend the benifit of the Doubt.  I hope the WFBS Team get's together with the Enterprise Level Team and get this damm thing hammered Out.  I will just rely on the Firewall's ability to block file .ext so Trend doesn't have to work as hard.  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
kbear0220

I hope the WFBS Team get's together with the Enterprise Level Team and get this damm thing hammered Out.

Saw this bouncing around the internet this morning - edited it to make it more applicable to everyone's WFBS 7.0 SP1 troubles.... 

http://imgur.com/SsZI0

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
technorave

Hehehe,  Good One!!  KBear0220.

Please use plain text.
Honored Esquire
StillLooking

It isn't near big enough :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

[ Edited ]

Technorave,

You stated, "I hope the WFBS Team gets together with the Enterprise Level Team and get this **bleep** thing hammered Out."

Would that be a good thing or bad thing if WFBS got turned over to the Enterprise team? There are a lot of complaints in this forum about OfficeScan, too. I wonder if the Enterprise team will even care if WFBS still exists, i.e., they are an ENTERPRISE team, and WFBS is for the SMB market.

Gregg Hill

Please use plain text.
Honored Noble
galbicka

[ Edited ]

I have used OSCE for 8 years and have only had a few minor issues with it but I am not an early adopter of anything so I usually do my major version upgrades when the first service pack comes out. My biggest complaint is the FakeAV that manages to get through. While there are some posts on these forums for the product I don't recall seeing anything of the magnitude that you have been experiencing with WFBS. I do think you make a good point though that it might not be such a good thing for that product to get kicked to the enterprise level.

I am going round and round with Trend right now trying to deploy Mobile Security. It seems their product base, support, and everything else is going downhill while their prices are increasing. What they did to the Titanium home product is deplorable and I am really beginning to wonder if I will be continuing with them when my current licensing needs to be renewed in a month or two.

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

galbicka,

I have been with Trend from CSMS 3.0 through WFBS 7. Recently, my biggest complaint is the FakeAV that manages to get through ALL of their products: TMIS, Titanium, OSCE, and WFBS.

I have one client who has had two infections with Trojans, one of which was only caught by the diligence of the user when it tried to make a $43,000 bank transfer. They come up for renewal in November, and I am moving them off of any Trend product.

I think the only way to stop these infections is to install a perimeter firewall that examines traffic and blocks executables files. For my clients who have listened and done so, they have not had a single infection, nor are their users wasting time on non-business surfing because we block that as well.

I figure that I will do their WFBS SP1 beta as a last resort. If they don't have it ironed out well, I am done completely with Trend. I have already stopped selling or recommending their home-user products due that thing they call Titanium. Yuck.

Gregg Hill

Please use plain text.