Affiliate
greggmh123
Accepted Solution

WFBS 7 exclusions

[ Edited ]

Does WFBS 7 automatically exclude ALL of the exclusions suggest by Microsoft for Active Directory and for Exchange (all versions)?

I know there are checkboxes in the console under global settings, but can they be trusted to exclude everything recommended by Microsoft?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb332342.aspx

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158

Can we get a list of the actual files/folders that you exclude so WE know that it is done correctly?

EDIT: As a product improvement, please give us the ability to use wildcards in file names and in folder/filename paths so that we can match Microsoft's recommended exclusions more accurately.

Gregg Hill

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire FTL
Stone Esquire
FTL

Re: WFBS 7 exclusions

ive come to the conclusion that Trend ignores the exclusions list regardless of whats in it. (Real Time Scanner Excllusions)

With Exchange directories excluded it was still being scanned and causing Exchange to fall over.

Disabled the real time scanner on the server and no issue since.

Just not an ideal situation to be in having the real time scanner disabled. Have got a scheuled scan running every night, that too has the Exchange exclusions in it and touch wood hasnt killed my Exchnage yet!

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

Re: WFBS 7 exclusions

[ Edited ]

Hmm...I know exclusions work on workstations, because I have an excluded test folder where I can drop a known virus without it getting deleted. Drop it anywhere else and WFBS eats it.

Gregg

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.