Skip to content

Affiliate
greggmh123
Accepted Solution

WFBS 6.0 SP3 Smart Scan question

I am using WFBS Advanced 6.0 SP3 and I just recently switched all of my systems from Conventional Scan to Smart Scan. I just noticed that the Live Status in the console shows a red warning that "1 Smart Client(s) failed to connect to Smart Scan Service withtin a 10 minutes interval at 9/19/2010 19:15:44."

That system is my laptop that was turned off a few minutes before looking at the status page. Can anyone with more Smart Scan experience tell me if this is the expected behavior?

I do not see anything under the Notifications to turn off those warnings. I don't need to see a glaring red warning when laptops are off the network!

Thank you for your time!

Gregg Hill

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
JeffersonT

Re: WFBS 6.0 SP3 Smart Scan question

Hi Gregg,

There shouldn't be any notification that the "Smart Scan Agent failed to connect to Smart Scan Service" if laptop is away of the network and showing offline under the Security Setting page.

On your case, it's possible that your laptop was still showing online since you have just turn it off under the Security Setting page during that time that's why it detected that the "Smart Scan Agent failed to connect to Smart Scan Service"

Regards,
JeffersonT

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.nce.
Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

Re: WFBS 6.0 SP3 Smart Scan question

htink you are correct. I just looked at my console and it is green, and the laptop has been off the network since my last post.

Thank you for the clarification! I was hpoing not to see that all the time.

Gregg Hill

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.