Skip to content

Stone Emissary
topokin
Accepted Solution

Trend Micro in isolated network

I am new to Trend Micro and we need to introduce the Client Server Suite / Worry-Free Business Security Standard 6.0 in an environment that does not and will not have any internet connectivity.

The idea is to provide an offline depository in which update will manually be copied on regularly basis on the server, from where the client will then update their virus check files.

Does anyone knows how to go about this or link to documents that could guide me through?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
ryandelany

Re: Trend Micro in isolated network

Check out this link, it should have all the information you need.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/pages/Manually-updating-the-Pattern-File-for-the-Security-Server-and-...

Ryan

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
topokin

Hallo Ryan.

The link seems not to be complete, it ends with ...

Can you please repost it.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
ryandelany

Sorry about that, the forum appears to have stripped the HTML.

Go to https://esupport.trendmicro.com/smb/default.aspx and search for the following solution: EN-1053401

That should get you the information you need.

Ryan

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
topokin

Thanks, I have been able to get the document.

Our idea actually is that only the Security Server is to be updated manually, the clients are to obtain their updates automatically within the network from Security Server.

1) Do the clients get their "pattern update" per default from the "Security Server" or from the "Trend Micro Active Update Server"

2) How can I make the pattern available on the Internal network.

I am assuming that the configuration possibility on the WFBS "Update > Source" relates only to updating Security Server"

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
ryandelany

1) Do the clients get their "pattern update" per default from the "Security Server" or from the "Trend Micro Active Update Server"

Clients will always try and get the pattern from the Security Server first, no matter how you have the product cofigured.  Updating from the Trend Micro Active Update Server (aka the internet) is always a secondary choice, if it has been enabled in the first place.

2) How can I make the pattern available on the Internal network.

When you manually update the server, the clients will get the update automatically from the server, so this should match your original intentions.

3. I am assuming that the configuration possibility on the WFBS "Update > Source" relates only to updating Security Server"

There are actually two tabs, one for configuring the source for the Server, and one for configuring the source for the Security Agents.  For your scenario, you shouldn't have to alter either of those tabs and just follow the steps on manually applying the pattern to the server and everything should work as expected.

Ryan

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
topokin

Ryan,

Thanks for your prompt response. I will look into the manual update, but I have another problem now.

The "Client / Server Security Agent" no longer recognise my password when trying to uninstall.

Is there a way to reset this?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
ryandelany

You can set and reset the password in the management console under Networked Computers -> Client Management -> Settings -> Privileges and Other Settings down near the bottom of the page.  I would suggest resetting it to a value you know, wait for the updated policy to be deployed (you can right-click the system tray icon and select Update Now on the client to speed it up) and then try the uninstall and the password should work.

Ryan

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
topokin

I don't know if you are referring to the WebConsole of WFBS 6.0 as I could not find the mentioned MenuPath. What I just located instead is "Preferences > Global Settings > Desktop/Server > Agent Uninstallation". Would this be the same?

What is the difference between the password in the "Agent Uninstallation" and that which was given under "Client/Server Security Agent" during WFBS installatin.

Why is it that I have "Scan Service Disconnected" indicating on TrendMicroAgent icon in systray. I have not actually make any configuration changes since the installation

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
ryandelany

Sorry about that, I gave you the path for OfficeScan.  For WFBS, the "Agent Uninstallation" password you found is the right one.  That should be the same password you entered when you originally installed the product.  If it's not working, maybe you had Caps Lock on originally and don't know or vice versa?  In any event, you can reset it by entering a new password twice and hitting save.

The Scan Service disconnected usually indicates that the client is not able to successfully communicate with the server (specifically the Smart Scan server component).  Do you block ports between the clients and the server by any chance?

Ryan

Please use plain text.