Skip to content

Stone Noble
comprac
Accepted Solution

Start Manual Scan for ONE machine only from console

Good Day,

one of the client machines reported back that it passed two virus through. I would like to manually scan the machine now to see what comes up. Problem is, that I'm not sitting in front of the machine, ie. can't start a scan fropm the desktop.

I can start a manual scan for all machines from the WFBSA console on the server - but how do I start a scan for a single machine only from the WFBSA console?

Thanks for info!

K

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
edrianc

Re: Start Manual Scan for ONE machine only from console

Hi K,

Unfortunately you can't select and scan single computer inside a group (server/desktop default). However there is a work around to accomplish this, just follow the steps below:

-On the dashboard go to Security settings Tab.

-Under security settings Tab click on  Add Group and create a new group for desktop.

-Once done you will see the name of the New Group under My Company.

-Then go to the group where the specific computer is listed (ie desktops (default))

-Then Drag and Drop the specific computer to the new group that you created.

-Once the computer is listed under the new group, Select Scans Tab and  click on Manual Scan.

-Then just make sure that the only thing that is checked is the New Group that you created.

-Then Click on Scan Now.

This way the only thing that will be scan is the specific computer included on the new group that was created. Once done you can put back the computer name back to it's original group to retain the settings on the rest of the desktops group.

Thank you.

Edrianc    

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Noble
comprac

Hi EdrianC,

thanks for your answer. Besides this way being very complicated, you forget an important step. As every new group created has default settings, you will need to replicate the group settings from the default group to the new group propagated. Otherwise, this single PC will change its settings and probably make things worse.

Would it be possible for TM to built in a manual single PC scan start from the Remote Console? *hint* Maybe with the next SP for 7.0?

Cheers and Thanks

K

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

comprac,

We have been asking fo rthat ability for about four years now. Perhaps someday! WFBS 9?

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
l4itadmin

Hi Comprac

At the risk of me supplying support for Trend Micro (I'll await my consultancy fee)...

Would it be possible to select "Add Group"

Give it a name "Clone of Group XXX"

Check the box "Import settings from group".

Then select the same group that the PC belonged to originally. (XXX)

Install the client, and move the client into the "Clone of Group XXX" group.

This way the default/policy specific settings that were in place for the original group (XXX) will be present in 'Clone of Group XXX'

Hope that helps.

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

Yes, that is how you can do the groups.

It's going to be a LONG wait for the fee!

Gregg

Please use plain text.
Stone Noble
comprac

@l4iadmin

the "import settings from group" option is new but works out fine nowadays

Please use plain text.