Skip to content

Stone Esquire
aarboard
Accepted Solution

PDF reports only blank pages

Hello,

we have a customer with Worry-Free Business Security Advanced installed on a server.

Previously we had version 6 installed.

Two weeks ago, the weekly pdf report was empty, it contained the normal 5 pages in the pdf, but every one of them empty.

So we did now upgrade to version 7 and did try to make some reports,

but there also the PDF version of the report is empty, 3-6 white pages in the pdf.

The html version of the reports are fine, but apparently I can't send them via email :smileysad:

The version is 7.0 build 1435

It's installed on a Windows 2008R2 server, which is a domain member and has exchange 2010 installed.

Is it perhaps related to the installation of the SP1 for the Windows2008R2 Server ?

Any ideas what might cause these blank pdf reports ?

André

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
pardz

Re: PDF reports only blank pages

Hi aarboard,

If you are using IE9, please downgrade it to IE8 and see if that will fix it.

Thanks.

Pardz

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
aarboard

Hello Pardz,

yep, that did the trick.

It's always strange to me why products running on windows are so tightly bound to a specifi IE version :smileysad:

Anyway, a entry in a faq or similar would help save time.

Thanks a lot

André

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
h2osteve

That did not work for me.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
pardz

Hi h2osteve,

Did you downgrade the one on the server where the WFBS server is installed?

Pardz

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
jsternenberg

Confirmation on Where to Fix

Since this is the first thread that pops up in a Google search and it hasn't been specified thus far, I thought I would chime it to confirm the fix. IE9 does need to be downgraded on the WFBS server (I'm still on WFBS 6.0). The client's version of IE does not matter for this issue.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
execaid

Does anyone know when Trend Micro will be FIXING this rather than asking everyone to downgrade to IE8...

Really the browser should be independant of the creation of PDF files...

We are advising clients to wait, "Trend will eventually fix this for you"

What say you - TREND ?

Cheers

Dave

Please use plain text.
Stone Noble
comprac

Good Day,

we have three clients at the moment with empty records. Can this be plesae fixed, as downgrading to IE8 is not an option? Also, with more clients going up to Server 2011, it's a bit against the trend to downgrade, eh?

The PDF's go straight to the client - which doesn't help. And I don't want to log in to the console every day to get the html link to send that one to the cient manually.

Any more ideas?

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
ryandelany

There is a hotfix available to solve this problem for Worry Free 7 SP1.  Please contact technical support and request HotFix 2386.  I believe this is available for all lanquages, but contacting technical support to confirm and request the hotfix is the best approach.

As a reminder, these forums are not an official support channel, so in cases like this, you really should contact support.  Contact information for your country can be located at http://esupport.trendmicro.com.

If you are running WFBS 6.x, you will need to upgrade to WFBS 7.0 SP1 to utilize this hotfix.  Upgrade information and options are documented here:

Installation Guide

Ryan

Please use plain text.