Affiliate
greggmh123

Need a client removal tool that removes **ALL** traces of a previous installation

We need a client removal tool that removes **ALL** traces of a previous installation. The Security Agent Uninstall Tool download does NOT remove nearly a dozen old registry entries.

Your program added the registry keys, so why can't it delete them?

Gregg Hill

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
jose_sevilla

Re: Need a client removal tool that removes **ALL** traces of a previous installation

Hi Greg,

What WFBS are you trying to remove? on-premise or the services?

for on premise you use the SA Uninstall tool found in download center.

for services use the SA uninstall tool found in esupport.

Thanks.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

Re: Need a client removal tool that removes **ALL** traces of a previous installation

Jose,

I am talking about WFBS Standard and/or Advanced. As mentioned in my original post, "The Security Agent Uninstall Tool download does NOT remove nearly a dozen old registry entries."

After running the SA_Uninstall tool, there should be NO TRACE that WFBS was ever installed. Searching regedit shows multiple registry entries for WFBS still exist.

We need a tool that removes EVERY SINGLE registry entry that got created by a WFBS installation.

Gregg Hill

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.