Skip to content

Honored Noble
galbicka
Accepted Solution

Mobile Security options for Enterprise products

I need to begin securing personal smartphones for access to our corporate LAN. In reviewing the Trend offerings it seems to me they offer Trend Micro Mobile Security version 7 (which supports iOS and Android) to consumers but only version 5.5 to Enterprise customers (through an OfficeScan plug in) which doesn't. Can anyone confirm this? I currently run an Office Scan 10 SP1 server and the latest plug in available which I installed is 5.5.1105 but it does not seem to support iOS or Android which are the two I need the most. Does not being on OSCE 10.5 yet come into play here?

Please use plain text.
Honored Noble
galbicka

Re: Mobile Security options for Enterprise products

After further review of the version 7 offering I am not even sure it supports android or iOS yet. It seems they are in the process of rolling this out and their online documentation and support isn't updated yet. Can anyone clarify this?

Please use plain text.
Honored Noble
galbicka

So far what I have learned through talking to Trend resellers, Trend support, Trend sales managers and reading Trend news releases is no one at Trend really knows when version 7 will be released for sure and what devices it will support at what level when it finally is released. That's comforting. I guess with the latest Titanium and WFBS fiasco's I have been reading about it really is time to begin searching for a Trend replacement. They don't seem to be the company they used to be for whatever reason.

Please use plain text.
Honored Noble
galbicka

Noticed today that

Trend Micro Mobile Security
Available version 7.0.1090 

showed up in the OSCE Plug-in Manager

Will post some details when I can get to it.

Please use plain text.