Stone Emissary
seks
Accepted Solution

MDT 2010, silent install, and

The organization I work for recently purchased tonne of licenses for WFBS 7. 

Since we use MDT to deploy our workstations, i want to be able to incorporate WFBS 7 into MDT.

Anyone know how I can go about doing that?  The install file I downloaded from the site here is about 750 megs.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
seks

Re: MDT 2010, silent install, and

another thing

What's the diff between WFBS70_EN_GM_Repack_B1435R3.exe (I downloaded it from a link that's indicated in the license info email) and WFBS70_SP1_EN_GM_B2360 (downloaded it from http://downloadcenter.trendmicro.com/index.php?regs=NABU&clk=latest&clkval=1815&lang_loc=1) ????????

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
ryandelany

seks,

I'll address both of your questions.

You want the latest installation files that you downloaded from the download center.  It has SP1 slipstreamed in to it and resolves a lot of issues that were discovered after the initial release of the product.  In other words, use this file: WFBS70_SP1_EN_GM_B2360

As for installation/deployment, WFBS is a client/server solution, so the first thing you need to do is install the server component (the file you downloaded above) on to a server.  Once that is installed, there is an included tool called the Client Packager, which will let you create an MSI file for the client that you can deploy however you'd like.  I'm not familiar with MDT 2010, but if it is capable of deploying MSI files, then it will work great for you.  The client packager tool will be found on the WFBS server after installation in the following location:  <drive>:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV\Admin\Utility\ClientPackager

Another useful thing may be the documentation for our product.  You can find the documentation, which covers this topic, here:

Installation Guide

Administrator's Guide

ReadMe

Ryan

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
seks

Tnx for the brief overview.

I did get the server portion up and running on a Win 7 SP1 workstation that has MDT 2010 and Lansweeper running on it.  I also tested the remote install of the agent on my laptop and it worked fine.

One thing I didn't do is enter the serial # on the server.  I don't think this workstation will be a permanent fixture for both MDT, Trend Micro server, and Lansweeper as we're looking at putting those on a more power and robust workstation (Win 7 still).  I wasn't sure how entering the serial # would affect the reinstallation of the server part on a diff machine so I decided not to do it.

Please use plain text.