TEKIAMI
Myshu
Accepted Solution

How to change server address in client agent?

Hi,

If you read the whole forum, you will see that I recently have update download problem.

To solve this, I change computer and everything is ok.

But before do this, I created client agent from the first server and I installed it on many client computers. Now I want to redirect my clients agent to the new server.

How can I proceed?

Thank you

Myshu

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

Re: How to change server address in client agent?

Search the TM support site for the words "move client" for your desired product.

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Noble
alexey_dudnikov

in OSCE you can move client from one OSCE server to another thru

- web console (NETWORKED COMPUTERS  >  CLIENT MANAGEMENT > MANAGE CLIENT TREE > MOVE CLIENT)

- client mover utility (ipxfer.exe)

1. On the OfficeScan server, go to {Installation path}\PCCSRV\Admin\Utility\IpXfer

2. Copy IpXfer.exe to the client computer

3. On the client computer, open a command prompt and then navigate to the folder where youcopied IpXfer.exe

4. Run Client Mover using the following syntax:

IpXfer.exe ‐s <Server_Name> ‐p <Server_Listening Port> ‐m mode ‐c <Client_Listening Port>

The following definitions apply:

-s server name or master directory

-p server listening port

-m mode (1 for HTTP-based, 0 for file-based)

-c client listening port

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
Myshu

Hi!

Thank you.

I forgot to add that it is WFBS Advanced 7.

I went to esupport as adviced and I saw this

Problem:

You can use the Move tool in the WFBS console to migrate clients to a different Security Server.

Solution:

Please do the following:

On the old Security Server, open the WFBS Standard / Advanced console and then click Security Settings. The Security Settings page appears.

Select the client that you want to move, and then click Move. The Move Desktop/Server page appears.

Type the name of the new Security Server in the Server Name field.

Type the port number of the new Security Server in the HTTP Port field.

Note: The port is 8059 by default. To verify, open the ofcscan.ini file in the ..\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV directory. Look for the value of Master_Domainport.

Click Move. The client will reappear in the security group tree of the new server.

I guess it will help somebody else.

Regards

Myshu

Please use plain text.