Skip to content

Stone Emissary
lachancejimmy78
Accepted Solution

Error Code 331 when trying to install Security Agent

I have tried every way of installing the Security Agent on my computers on the network and i always get the error message "Unable to copy the required files....Error Code 331".

None of the solutions on the Trend Micro Support Web Site works.

I had no problem installing Agent before, but Worry Free Business was on a Windows 2003 Server. It is now installed on a Windows 2012 R2 Server. 

Anyone can help please ?

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
lachancejimmy78

Re: Error Code 331 when trying to install Security Agent

It seems that the package WFBS is creating is not working... someone can provide me a 64 bit package so i can test ? 

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
lachancejimmy78

oh... i forgot... i have WFBS 8.0 SP1 installed...

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
ChrisKo

As far as I know, WFBS 8 does not support 2012 R2 for the security server yet.

Regards

Christian Kotthoff - ConnecT Informationstechnik GmbH

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
lachancejimmy78

oh really ? so i can't install agent to new computers ? 

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

[ Edited ]

Chris is correct about the security server itself not being supported yet on Server 2012 R2. However, critical patch 2042 that came out a couple of days ago does provide client agent installation on Win 8.1 and Server 2012 R2.

Heck, you may as well install patch 2042 on the 2012 R2 server and see what happens...at your own risk, of course.

Gregg Hill

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
lachancejimmy78

i have installed the patch on the 2012 R2 server and i am still unable to install client on my computers. It seems that the package the server is deploying isn't good.

The Security center is running well... i have old agent running on computer from my old server and its okay. The only problem is when it comes to install NEW computer with package from the NEW serber.

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

Well, as Chris mentioned, running the security server on 2012 R2 is not supported. SOME of it may seem to run normally, but your problem could be the very reason it is not yet supported.

Have you contacted tech support? This community is mostly end-user based support.

Gregg

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
lachancejimmy78

Thanx all for your answers ... i think i'll just move it to another server then.... *sigh*

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

You know that after you move it, they will support it the next day, right? That seems to be the way it goes. Of course, you could open a support case, because they may have a hotfix that will make it work now. WFBS 9 beta DOES support Win 8.1 and Server 2012 R2, so they have the technology to do it.

Please use plain text.