Skip to content

TEKIAMI
2000cs
Accepted Solution

Blank WFBS Console

When I try to open the WFBS 6.0 console on an SBS 2003, it just comes up blank. No errors, no clues, just a blank screen. I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no change. I selected Apache because IIS was even more of a pain for me in the past. If I have to uninstall again, it will be to install another product. Does anyone know how to fix this without uninstalling again?
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
ryandelany

Re: Blank WFBS Console

This appears to be a configuration in your browser causing the issue. Check out this Solution Bank article on our support website:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/pages/Blank-page-shows-up-when-opening-the-Worry-Free-Business-Securi...

If you don't feel like clicking the link, here are the contents of that article:

To resolve the issue, please do the following:

Open the Security Dashboard and then copy the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) from the Address field.

Click Tools > Internet Options.

Click Security > TrustedSites > Sites.

Paste the URL you copied in step 1.

Click Close > OK.

Close and then reopen the WFBS console.

Let me know if that solves the issue for you.

Ryan

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
2000cs

The page already shows as a trusted site in Internet Explorer. Any other ideas?
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
bttr

Close your browser. Go to "%windir%\Downloaded Program Files" and remove any "Encrypt Class" and "Security Server Management Console". Open the management console again.

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
2000cs

That was a good idea, as it was something I hadn't tried before, but it didn't help. I just spent an hour and a half with a Trend Micro engineer and the best answer I can get is uninstall and reinstall. There must be a better way.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
bttr

How did you install WFBS? Does it use IIS? Usually we prefer Apache, because it's less trouble.

Please check this, if you're using IIS: "Cannot open the Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) Standard / Advanced console or access its tabs - For Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0"

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/Cannot-open-the-Worry-Free-Business-Security-WFBS-Standard-Adva...

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
2000cs

I have WFBS installed under Apache, because after the first couple of CSM installations I did were nightmares with IIS, and I spent a considerable amount of time with a Trend Micro technician at that time who finally could not fix the problem and just said, "use Apache." I've done them all with Apache ever since. That's why I am loathe to reinstall using IIS as the technician suggested for this particular case. There has to be a better way to troubleshoot these things than simply to guess, or as one wag once called it, "kick and hope." I need to know why the console isn't working with Apache. There must be a reason, and uninstalling and reinstalling is simply a waste of time when no one seems to understand how the program operates.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
bttr

[ Edited ]

I totally agree to you, but that's all you get from TM support. We switched many customers to Sophos.

Back to topic:

1. Did you check different browsers?
  2. From different machines?
  3. Increase Apache logging

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
jazzbe

I have this problem with WFS6.1 at multiple places. we've stopt deploying 6.0

I've upgraded from 5.1 witch worked fine with IIS to 6.1

On the securityserver i can logon to console but can't open tabs like anti-spam.

Opening the console from clients doesn't work.

I've reïnstalled with Apache and have same issue.

I have tried using IE6,IE8 and FF3.6 , page has been added to trusted zone.

I've checked for java and windows scripting

Tried the solutions discribed in EN-1037390 en EN-1037391.

Telnet on port 80 334 4343 are all possible.

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
2000cs

I've just spent the last twelve hours troubleshooting this problem, including four uninstall/reinstall cycles and practically every troubleshooting technique under the sun. It is sad that a program can develop such an intractable problem, and that no one at Trend Micro even seems to care. I now get MsIInstaller error 1015, Failed to connect to server, 0x800401F0 when Apache reinstalls. I should have gone into turkey farming.
Please use plain text.