Stone Emissary
D3NN1S
Accepted Solution

[Advanced Business Security] EUQ monitor service doesn't start?

Hi,

I can't create spamfolders on any client. I've noticed that the EUQ Monitor service wasn't running, so I tried starting it.It immidiality stopped without giving any error (only Windows notice that the service has stopped).

If i run the exe from prompt it gives this output:

[quote]C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Messaging Security Agent\EUQ>euqmonitor
00BA76C8[/quote]

Can't find anything about this on Google.

Can someone please help me resolve this problem?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

Re: [Advanced Business Security] EUQ monitor service doesn't start?

Search Trend's support page for "EUQ" and that should get you going.

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
D3NN1S

Found a lot of information, but nothing specific about my problem. Did a re-install and still the same.

Guess i'll wait till 7 is stable and bugfree.

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

Did you use the console feature to re-create the folders? They are not created on the clients but actually on the email server. May I assume that you have an Exchange server?

Look at Security Settings > your mail server name > Operations > Spam Maintenance > Create spam folder and delete spam messages.

Gregg Hill

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
D3NN1S

Thanks for your help! Yes, i do have an Exchange (on Windows server 2003 (SBS)) server, but i can't find that option anywhere. In the previous version (5, i guess) it was there.

Also see the attached screenshot. I know i'm doing something wrong... but what?

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

If you installed the MSA, you would have had the choice to either use the EUQ or the Outlook junk mail folder. You can use this procedure http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-to-enable-EUQ-or-the-Junk-Email-integration-on-Exchange-Ser... to switch from Outlook junk mail folder integration to using the EUQ.

If that fails, remove the MSA, reboot, and reinstall it. I have SBS 2003 and am using WFBS Advanced 7.0 and the EUQ works fine.

Heck, now that I think about, I recommend remove and reintsall the MSA, choose a custom installation, and choose the EUQ.

Gregg

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
D3NN1S

Thanks!!! It worked! (register edit).

I feel so dumb :smileyhappy: Could have find it myself...

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

Had you used the advanced search and looked for "euq" under WFBS and specified the version 7, you likely would NOT have found it. That article is for 5 and 6, and hasn't been updated to reflect 7 yet.

Gregg

Please use plain text.