Stone Emissary
bobstraw

uiseagnt.exe

Can someone tell me how to determine if uiseagnt.exe has been infected by a Trojan?  The exe seems to do a lot of I/O even when I doing nothing on my PC and I'm NOT connected to the internet.  I have a new install of Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012. The attributes of the uiseagnt.exe are as follows...

uiseagnt.exe C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\UniClient\UiFrmwrk     984 KB  Application  Modified 2/27/2012 9:44 AM.

A search also shows UISEAGENT.EXE-22FA7916.pf  C:\WINDOW\Prefetch   44 KB PF File Modified 4/1/2012

The installed OS is Windows XP SP3  -      

Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.111025-1629 : Service Pack 3)

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
fjordz

Re: uiseagnt.exe

Hi bobstraw,

Have you tried running HouseCall? It is Trend Micro's free online scanner. Having mentioned that your Trend Micro's uiseagnt.exe seemed to be doing something suspicious, you may want to try scanning your computer to check for any malware infection. You may refer to the link below:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1038437.aspx

Regards,

Fjordz 

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
simonn

[ Edited ]

Hi bobstraw,

Where do you see the I/O of uiseagnt.exe?

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Honored Noble
jojo123

hi bob straw, are you using wireshark/pcap for monitoring this activities?

Please use plain text.