Skip to content

Stone Esquire
bgunner0
Accepted Solution

trendmicro titanium maximum lags my online video games :(

i recently upgraded to this new system that is not supposed to "Slow You Down" but all i get in online games is lag! It is not my system lagging because it didn't do it before i switched. i will post system specs at the end. in order to play with out lag  i need to turn OFF my security program. i shouldn't need to do this, if  i were to guess its the cloud setup that is causing the issue but it is just a guess. games i play COD 4,5,6, and soon to get the new one. ET:QW, Crysis, bioshock 2 plus manny more all with out lag till this new program. i have had trend micro for 3 years now and with this new stuff it messes with all my games WHY? and is there a fix for this?

PC specs:

PC: Acer m5630

MB: Eg31M ver.1

bios: R01-C2

Chipset: G31 intel

CPU: Intel CORE 2 DUO E4500 2.2GHz @ 2.918GHz

Ram: 4 GB PNY 6400 800MHz @ 884MHz

GPU: XFX ATI RADEON HD 5770 Core@ 943 MEM@ 1396 voltage @ 1250

HDD: Hitachi HDT725050VLA380 500GB 

PSU: ANTEC EA 650 WATT

OS; WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM HOME EDITION (x64)

CASE: ANTEC 902 

KEYBOARD: SAITEK CYBORG

MOUSE: RAZER DEATH ADDER 3500DPI

GAME PAD: BELKIN N52TE 

there is more but you get the general idea my system isn't junk yet. any ideas on what to do besides leave my self vulnerable? 

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
subzero

Re: trendmicro titanium maximum lags my online video games :(

[ Edited ]

Hi Bgunner,

Please try to turn off the SPN feature of the program and check if the game will still slow you down.

Please do the following:

1. Open the Main Console.

2. Click on Settings

3. On the Protection Settings window, click on "Other Settings"

4. Under "Other Settings" click on "Smart Protection Network"

5. Uncheck "Share Threat Information with Trend Micro"

6. Click on Apply

Regards,

subzero

**************************************************​****************************************

Just an update, we can try upgrading to the new 2012 version and check if problem persist.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059​195.aspx

***Note: This thread is locked due to inactivity, for similar concerns kindly post a new topic.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.