Skip to content

Stone Esquire
maggieF09
Accepted Solution

should I update to Titanium?

I currently have Trend AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware (2009 version) and I just saw when I logged in to my account that there's an update available for Trend Titanium. What is this and is it an update I should do? Will it just replace my current version or what? Any help would be appreciated :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
j0927

Re: should I update to Titanium?

hi maggieF09,

This Titanium Antivirus+ is the 2011 version of your Trend Micro program. It will upgrade the current version that you have. Since you're still using the 2009 version, we recommend that you upgrade to this one. If you wish to install it, you will be needing to uninstall the old version. To download and install this Titanium Antivirus+, you may follow the instruction on the link below:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-to-download-and-install-Trend-Micro-Titanium-AntiVirus-2011...

Hope this answer your question :smileywink:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
khanto

Actually, the 2009 is still good. But if in case that you wish to upgrade to 2011 Titanium version, it's up to you.

If you are not encountering any issue with your current version, its okay to stay with that unless you want to try Titanium.

It will be your option. 

thanks.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
rpiper

I would not if I were you. I have had  a Trend Micro product for the past three years but I have had nothing but trouble with Titanium. It took me forever to get it installed and it would not work properly once it was installed. It would say scan complete when I tried to use it but I would have to shut down my computer to get out of it. I have been trying to reinstall it and I keep getting error messages when I try and activate it now.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
maggieF09

Thank you for your response! I appreciate it :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
chroky

Good day,

The Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus that you are seeing on the MyAccount page is actually an upgrade of your Trend Micro Antivirus Plus.

Trend Micro programs has different version and each version will last for 3 years, so for example your version is 2009, that program version will last until 2012, come 2013 the program version 2009 will not anymore be supported, that means that no further support will be done for that version. That is why every year we are releasing another version of the same program. On the new version, product issues from the previous program versions are already fixed and also since it is a new version it will be better than the old one.

For you last question, it will replace the old version that you have. It will uninstall the old version and install the new version so that there will be no conflict between the two versions.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
rpiper

So why do I get error code:#0,2020,0x000 when I try to install Titanium?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
chroky

Good day,

For this particular problem I have found a solution on our Knowledgebase. Kindly try the solution and tell us if it will work or not.

Here is the exact link for the solution:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/I-get-the-error-message-Installation-Incomplete-when-the-instal...

Hope this helps you,

Please use plain text.