Skip to content

Stone Esquire
VE3REO
Accepted Solution

"Look what i found" email

[ Edited ]

"Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:46 PM
Subject: Look what i found

its been hard living on my own this was my opportunity knocking at the door it seemed like my options were starting to become slim.
[removed link] its crazy how the tables have turned
picture all the possibilities."

THis was sent to all my contacts.  I have run scans and a house call. Found nothing.

Advice?

Don McPhee VE3REO

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
se7en

Re: "Look what i found" email

Hi VE3REO,

Please try to change the password of your email and then monitor if it would do the same.

Regards,

:smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
RickM46

Re: "Look what i found" email

This same thing happened to me at the end of January.

Some malware (maybe a Trojan) made its way to my machine from either a website or an email.

Then, it used by Hotmail contacts or my Outlook contacts (I don't know which) to send a weird email to all my contacts using the email addresses in them with a link in the email.  It did that for a few days.  Some of my contacts let me know it was happening.  The subject in the email was also weird; it just had the characters 'Re:'; and the grammar or sentence structure in the email was very juvenile.

Anyway, I deleted all my contacts on Hotmail; changed all my passwords; went into my Outlook contacts and changed all the email addresses to a non standard format, for example: from joe@server.com to joewhoisatserver.com.  Then, I upgraded from Trend PC-Cillin to Trend Titanium Maximum.  Very drastic measures but so far so good.

Please use plain text.