Skip to content

Stone Emissary
jgy2001
Accepted Solution

how to remove Trend Micro NSC Firefox Extension 6.5.0.1234

Currently I am using Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus+.

My Dell has Microsoft Windows 7 64 bits and default browser is Firefox 4.0

The Firefox Exntsion give me yellow warning note: Trend Micro NSC Firefox Extension is incompatible with Firefox 4.0.

How to remove this Trend Micro NSC Firefox Extension 6.5.0.1234??

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
loidas

Re: how to remove Trend Micro NSC Firefox Extension 6.5.0.1234

Hi jqy2011,

In order for you to remove the Trend Micro NSC Firefox Extension,  you may click on the link below:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/pages/How-to-remove-the-Trend-Micro-NSC-Firefox-Extension-on-Mozilla-...

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
jgy2001

Thank you for your responses.

In the c:\program files\Trend Micro\ folder I only have three folders:

AMSP

Titanium

UniClient

There is no "Client Server Security Agent" folder inside any of these three folders.

I assume this "Trend Micro NSC Firefox Extension 6.5.0.1234" is left over from our previous Trend Micro Internet Security Pro in 2010 before we upgrade to Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus+. But you have not remove this extension during the upgrade?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
loidas

Hi jqy2001,

Sorry for the wrong information.

You may refer to this link instead to remove the firefox extension:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Uninstalling%20add-ons

Cheers!

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
loidas

Hi jgy2011,

Also, the Trend Mico Titanium Antivirus + doesn't have the Trend Micro Toolbar that is included on your previous program Trend Micro Internet Security Pro 2010.  That is the reason why you are receiving that message.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
aimiez_30

Where can we find the Trend Micro Toolbar?  I believe the new version dont have this Toolbar 

Connecting People
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
jgy2001

Thank you, loidas  

I already have this Trend Micro NSC Firefox Extension 6.5.0.1234 disabled - it only have "enable" and "disable" button.

But it does not have any "remove" nor "uninstall" button at the Firefox plugin and extensions page.

How can I remove it?

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
DanoNH

[ Edited ]

Yes, if you're troubleshooting Firefox slow downs, you need to be able to remove all add-ins and extensions.  Trend Micro BEP Firefox Extension 7.0.0.1081 and Trend Micro NSC Firefox Extension 6.8.0.1066 are NOT removable, although they show up as disabled.

Here is some version information:

Windows 7 32-bit

Trend Titanium Internet Security 2012 (upgrade from 2011)

Firefox 6.0.2

How do we remove these Trend Micro extensions from our computers?  Please help us with correct information, Trend!

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
rezman

Here's what I found, and found quite disturbing.

- In Forefox's URL bar type "about:config"
- Search for "trend"
- The variable "extensions.enabledItems" comes up with the following:

{"name":"winreg-app-global","addons":{"{22C7F6C6-8D67-4534-92B5-529A0EC09405}":{"descriptor":"C:\\Program Files\\Trend Micro\\AMSP\\Module\\20004\\1.5.1464\\6.6.1081\\firefoxextension","mtime":1317136224332}}}

So I went to 'C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\AMSP\Module\20004\1.5.1464\6.6.1081\firefoxextension' and found the file "install.rdf" and opened it in Notepad2.

<RDF xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
     xmlns:em="http://www.mozilla.org/2004/em-rdf#">

<Description about="urn:mozilla:install-manifest">

<!-- Required Items -->
        <em:id>{22C7F6C6-8D67-4534-92B5-529A0EC09405}</em:id>
        <em:name>Trend Micro NSC Firefox Extension</em:name>
        <em:version>6.5.0.1234</em:version>
        <em:type>2</em:type>

<em:targetApplication>
            <Description>
                <em:id>{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}</em:id> <!-- firefox -->
                <em:minVersion>2.0</em:minVersion>
                <em:maxVersion>3.6.*</em:maxVersion>
            </Description>
        </em:targetApplication>

<!-- Optional Items -->
        <em:creator>Trend Micro</em:creator>
        <em:description>Check the safety of websites, hyperlinks, and wireless network connections.</em:description>
        <em:homepageURL>http://www.trendsecure.com/</em:homepageURL>       
    </Description>
</RDF>

So is what I did was remove the section from the "extensions.enabledItems" and saved that and closed Firefox.  I then renamed the "Firefoxextension" folder to "Firefoxextension.JUNK".  Note: I had to exit/close the Trend Micro program to do this because it has files within this opened.  I restarted Trend Micro and opened Firefox.  Low and behold the Extentioin is STILL THERE.  

I find this pretty desturbing.  If people don't have a supported browser version then the extention should be uninstallable.  Some of us like to keep our computers generally clutter free by removing unused or unneeded programs.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
rgrainer

Where is the solution for this problem? I am having the same problem and can't remove the extension from firefox.

To moderators: do not give us generic links to Mozilla on how to remove extensions. Please give us explicit, step by step instructions on how to properly remove the extension.

In the future, please design/create extensions and programs that don't overlook the removal of an extension if is no longer needed or functional. Customers should not have to go through tedious procedures to remove something that is no longer useful.

(Vista, Firefox 7, TM Titanium)

Thank you

Please use plain text.