Skip to content

Stone Emissary
icebob
Accepted Solution

adding a new AP

I have tried to add another Access point to my network but Titanium(2011) is blocking it, I exit Titanium and i get a signel but when antivirus/firewall on nothing. Help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Re: adding a new AP

Hello icebob,

Good day!

Can you calrify the issue for us so we can address it properly. 

From what I understood, you were having issues accessing the Internet or going online if you try using a different Access Point when Trend Micro is enabled? Is this correct?

Are you using a Private Network? (e.g. Work Intranet?)

Thanks,

Artee :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
icebob

[ Edited ]

Hi,

No we had an AP already installed pre installing Titanium, the previous anti virus was TM 2009, it saw the AP and we added a second AP(we had a range issue) and it saw that too but on remeoving TM2009 and installing titanium both AP's are not seen and are blocked although both were powered up. Our laptops have no wireless internet unless hard wired into the network, very inconvenient.  This is just one of a number of issues - all computers slowed down - NAS isolated and not available - random computer restarts just to name a few.  Oh also i applied hot fix B1181 to all five computers and it did reduce CPU usage by 50%.

We use a private network of 5 computers on ADSL 2+ ,XP pro SP3,all computers are duel core E5400, 4 gig DDR2 ram, 2x 160gig raid1 pair. Gigabyte switchpluged into ADSL modem, 2 printers in network. We also use VPN with laptops(3) out in the field.

Bob.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
icebob

Hi,

just to add to my last post, all five computers needed defrag the best was 22% fragmentation the worst was 66%. We have all computers set to defrag noon Mondays and the record shows that did not happen this Monday but last Monday it did.

Bob.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
icebob

Anyone got any thoughts on this issue it has been some time and customer service(what service) still has not got back to me.

Bob.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
icebob

[ Edited ]

just to let you know I fixed the problem myself

Bob.

*** Locked topic because problem was already resolved. For related concern, please post a new topic from the link below:

Home and Home Office:

http://community.trendmicro.com/t5/Home-and-Home-Office-Forum/bd-p/homeoffice

Please use plain text.