Stone Esquire
jstroja
Accepted Solution

Your Personal Firewall has shut down

Since installing Trend Micro Internet Security 2010 last week, I'm getting the error message:

"Your Personal Firewall has shut down. Trying restarting Trend Micro Internet Security to restore it. If that does not help, try restarting your computer........If these suggestions do not restore the Personal Firewall, please contact technical support."

Both Trend Micro Internet Secuirty and Windows Secuity Alerts are advising me my firewall is not active.

Also, the program takes about 5 minutes to load.

This is a clean install.

I'm running:

Windows XP Media Center Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3.

Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2010 (Australia New Zealand) Version 17.50.1647.0000

I'm expecting more from a paid product...

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
chaste02

Re: Your Personal Firewall has shut down

The error message that you are receiving usually occurs if the Trend Micro Firewall dependencies are not installed properly. It should have installed TM Common Firewall Miniport to your LAN properties. Sometimes it also happens if your Local Area Connection is not present.

Kindly try the procedures below:

<<http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-do-I-uninstall-and-reinstall-the-Personal-Firewall-of-Tren-...>>

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
jstroja

Hi 

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
chaste02

jstroja,

Your computer takes some time to load because your Trend Micro program is trying to load the Firewall Service to no avail. Please uninstall the Trend Micro Firewall again and then try the procedures below:

1.  Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center -> Manage Network Connections
2.  Right-click on Local Area Connection then click on Properties
3.  Click on Install
4.  Select Service then click on Add
5.  Click on Have Disk
6.  Click on Browse

Using a Downloaded Installer
a.  Go to the folder where you had save the installer file for Trend Micro
b.  Open tispro_download_32bit
c.  Click on setup folder
d.  Click on Engine
e.  Click on 64bit/32bit
f.  Click on x24100000 (64bit)/0x24080000(32bit)
g.  Select tm_cfw then click on Open
h.  Click on OK then OK again

7.  Go to Start -> All Programs -> Trend Micro Internet Security -> Trend Micro Support Diagnostic Toolkit
8.  Go to Uninstall tab
9.  Click on Install Firewall

It will ask to install Trend Micro NDIS Driver:
a.   Go to the folder where you had save the installer file for Trend Micro
b.  Open tispro_download_32bit
c.  Click on setup folder
d.  Click on Engine
e.  Click on 64bit/32bit
f.  Click on x24400000 (64bit)/0x24200000 (32bit)
g.  Select tmlwf then click on Open
h.  Click on OK

10.  Close the Diagnostic toolkit after installation

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
jstroja

Hi, chaste02

I followed your steps up until

"It will ask to install Trend Micro NDIS Driver"

However, I was never prompted to install the Trend Micro NDIS Driver. Instead I clicked install firewall, which took about 10 minutes to do so (which is strange since there was no CPU activity). When it finished, it said "You have successfully installed the personal firewall". But it looks like I am back to where I started - the firewall clearly isn't working as reported by Trend Micro and Windows Security Centre. 

Do you have any further suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
RAAR

Hi jstroja,

May we know if you are able to turn on Windows Firewall (click on START > CONTROL PANEL > WINDOWS FIREWALL)? Please make sure that you only have the minimal installation of the TrendMicro software before doing this (or have no TrendMicro software installed).

If Windows Firewall cannot be turned on then this means that there is a problem loading firewalls on your computer. You may need to have someone look at the system to verify this.

Please also go to START > CONTROL PANEL > NETWORK CONNECTIONS and let us know how many items you see here and what they are.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
jstroja

Currently, I have uninstalled Trend Micro's firewall and am running Windows firewall as a backup. Before buying Trend Micro, I was using Comodo Internet Security (with firewall). So I am able to use firewalls, it's only Trend Micro's which does not run. 

Network Connections:

Under 'LAN or High-Speed Internet', there are 2 connections. 'Local area connection' and '1394 connection'.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Ondots

[ Edited ]

Hi jstroja,

Let's check if there's something conflicting with the Trend Micro's Firewall on your computer. Please post your computer's System Information Log.

I'll be waiting :smileyhappy:

---------------------------

Just an update, this issue has been resolved with the latest Titanium 2012.

Titanium Maximum Security: http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059​036.aspx

Titanium Internet Security: http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1058​977.aspx

Titanium Antivirus+: http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059​147.aspx

***Note: This thread is locked due to inactivity, for similar concerns kindly post a new topic.

Please use plain text.