Skip to content

Stone Emissary
peterh
Accepted Solution

Windows Live Mail crashing

I am still having the same problems with Live Mail since my posting of 30 October 2011.

I have TMTMS 2012.

Since installing TMTMS2012, Windows Live Mail crashes intermittently (more often than not).

After crashing and reloading, some emails remain and cannot be opened or deleted.  A window will open - "An unknown error has occurred".  Nothing can be done to these emails and they remain in bold.

After exiting Live Mail, a window always opens:  "You have unsent messages in your outbox.  Do you want to send them now?  Yes / No".

I had no probelms with Live Mail before I upgraded to the new TMTMS version.

I am using Windows XP SP3.

I have Windows Live Mail 2009.

My browser is Firefox.

I have TMTMS 2012 version 5.0

I have done the following (amongst others):

Uninstalled and re installed Live Mail.

Run the maintenance on Live Mail (compression of mails etc)

Exited TMTMS and opened Live Mail.

Set up a Windows Live account and logged in while Live Mail was open.

None of these has worked.  It continues to crash at random. 

I would greatly appreciate some specific instructions on how to fix this issue.  I know it sounds like aWindows issue, but the fact is it was not happening until I installed the new Titanium release.

Have others had this issue?  What is the recommended email client for Trend Micro Titanium?

Thanks for any help.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Re: Windows Live Mail crashing

Hi peterh

I found this article from Trend Micro's eSupport site and this could help you resolve the issue you were encountering.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059608.aspx

This hotfix is relative to Trend Micro's Antispam feature while it scanning spam mails could cause the crash. Do you have the Antispam feature enabled? If yes, youo can try applying the hotfix.

Let me know if this fixes the issue.

Regards, 

Artee :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
peterh

Thanks for that Artee.

I have installed the hotfix.  No crashes so far - so I will test it for a few days.

I still do have the issues of not being able to delete some emails that are stuck in folders - but this is minor compared with the crashing.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Hi peterh,

That's good  to hear.

Let me know if this completely fixes the issue.

Thanks, 

Artee 

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
peterh

Back to square one I'm afraid Artee!

Second day in and it has crashed in the first use.

I have 12 emails in the junk folder that cannot be opened or deleted.  These build up because it seems that if they haven't been deleted when a crash happens, then they become locked.

Seriously considering using a different mail client.  What do Trend recommend? (I'm not going to use an online one).

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
se7en

Hi peterh,

I would recommend to use Microsoft Outlook :smileyhappy:

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Hi peterh

Let's isolate the issue. 

Kindly follow the steps below:
1. Open the Trend Micro program

2. Check if the AntiSpam feature is turned on. Go to Settings > Internet & Email Controls > Spam & Email Files.

3. Uncheck all items under this section.

4. Restart the computer and log in to Windows Mail and monitor for a day.

Let me know of the results.

Regards, 

Artee 

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
peterh

Thank you Artee.

I have removed the ticks in all items under Spam & Email files as requested.  I will monitor this for a day.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
peterh

Hi Se7en

I didn't think Microsoft Outlook was supported anymore - that's why I updated from OE to Live last year.

I'd be willing to give Outlook a go if I can't get this Live Mail issue fixed.  How do you load/install Microsft Outlook?

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
se7en

Hi peterh,

Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010 are still supported. For more email program supported by the Trend Micro Titanium program, kindly refer to the link below:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059296.aspx

To download Outlook, you can go to this link.

To configure your email in Outlook, just refer to the instruction on this link.

Regards,

Please use plain text.