Skip to content

Trend Micro Employee
tiny

Re: Windows 8.1 and Titanium 2013

Hi jcjuez,

Once the Titanium 2014 version is available, the upgrade of your existing Titanium version is free. It always works this way with Trend Micro program upgrades every year.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
schmidtj

And I bet it is only the 2014 Version that is 8.1 compatable.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
rutto3

Is "A couple of weeks" 2 weeks, 3 weeks or 4 weeks? I am really beginning to get peeved with the delay in Trend Micros response to it's paying customers. A company is only as good as it's support department in this computer age!

A definite date for release would help as I have already been having problems due to a lack of proper protection.

A BIG FAIL for Trend Micro!

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
rutto3

Quote from Stuttering, 1st July 2013 "pre-view of windows 8.1 is not yet the official version, and still in testing stage. beta version is not supported by titanium program since we need to wait for the official release of windows8.1. rest assured that once the official version has been release, we will have a titanium program that is compatible with that version."

Microsoft has now given a release date for Windows8.1 as October 17, 2013.

I guess that is what Trend Micro calls "A couple of weeks". UNBELIEVEABLE>

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
bartsrq

Well then, does anyone know how to uninstall Windows 8.1? I tried a number of different ways and it won't go away and to be honest what I have seen so far does not seem to be much of an improvement over 8.0.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire JAV
Stone Esquire
JAV

I have had Windows 8.1 Preview since early July and I use or should I say used to use Trend Micro Maximum Security. I did not know that Trend Micro did not work with the 8.1 Preview, if I had I NEVER would have installed it. But now I have been without Trend Micro software (THAT I AM STILL PAYING FOR) for more than a month. I was fine with not having Trend Micro for a while and understand why they could not put out an update but now 8.1 is close to RTM and I am getting impatient. I really want Trend Micro back and hope I don't have to wait until October to get it. So, I agree with all of these others who want Trend Micro to stick their word of "Within a couple of weeks". Otherwise I will be forced to seek out other security software that takes better care of their paying customers.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
rutto3

Hey Guys, I have finallyreceived a definite answer from Trend micro regarding the release date for Trend micro 2014 edition.

According to Mr Martin Lester, from Trend Micro Consumer Support, the new edition is to be released in the first week of September 2013. I thought you would like to know as they couldn't seem to be able to tell us through this forum.

Very disappointed.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
simonn

Hi Everyone,

We really apologize for any inconvenience and confusion. Titanium 2013 version will fully support Windows 8.1 before its official release. Rest assured that when the official release of Windows 8.1 comes, your Titanium 2013 version will be ready. For Titanium 2014, yes it will fully support Windows 8.1 as well.

Best regards,

Simon

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
bartsrq

Now I am totally confused...will Titanium be ready before or when the official version of 8.1 is released?

"Titanium 2013 version will fully support Windows 8.1 before its official release. Rest assured that when the official release of Windows 8.1 comes, your Titanium 2013 version will be ready."

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
simonn

Titanium 2013 will be ready when the Official version of Windows 8.1 is released. Sorry for the confusion. And you can anticipate a release of our new 2014 lineup in early Fall of 2013 which will also support Windows 8.1 official release.

Regards,

Simon

Please use plain text.