Skip to content

Stone Esquire
icesupport

Re: What would you like too see in Titanium 2013 line up

We manage hundreds of PC's with TrendMicro products and have a hard time keeping track of which machines are expiring when. Regardless of which version of TrendMicro we are using, we would find the ability to log into our TrendMicro account and export the complete list into Excel so we can build reports for us to keep track of upcoming expiration dates for our customers so they aren't left unprotected. Currently, you have to log into your account, then click on each and every serial number to view which machines that serial number was installed on. We and TrendMicro are missing out on sales because too many of them fall through the cracks and don't get renewed. Also, we register all our customers under our company name and email address to help us monitor activity and expiration dates. TrendMicro is pretty good about sending out emails to remind the user that their TrendMicro software is about to expire. However, they never include the serial number they are referencing so we can look up which customer we need to contact to get them renewed prior to the expiration date. These two features would help tremendously to help us work more efficiently and keep customers current. Fact is, TrendMicro is a BIG part of our income because we will usually get the ok from our customers to come on site or remote in and uninstall the old version of TrendMicro and any add on malware scanners we may be using, download all the Windows updates, clean up junk programs and provide a good annual tune up for the customer that usually generates about 2 hours of billable time per computer for the extent of tune up processes we use.

We have experienced numerous issues with customers computers that may be running old versions of TrendMicro, McAfee, Norton, AVG etc. When these programs are "uninstalled" there are left over traces all over the hard drive and registry that are not removed. Most cases involve a corrupt firewall that will not allow you to fix it or reinstall the latest version of TrendMicro. You can do the installations and begin to install TrendMicro and it locks up, stops, uninstalls itself or simply won't launch after rebooting. TrendMicro needs to have a fool proof firewall restore tool so we can get the newest version updated without having to spend hours troubleshooting the firewall or what ever junk was left over from the previous version of anti-virus protection just so we can install the latest version of TrendMicro software and be on our way. When we arrive on site to update our customer's computers, they are expecting a couple of hours to do their annual tune up and getting TrendMicro installed and working. We have experienced random computers that we have had to spend 6, 7, 8, hours for FREE trying to resolve the problem just so we can reinstall the latest version of TrendMicro software. Most anti-virus programs have their own version of an uninstaller tool. But none of them are 100% when they are done some times forcing you to go back to their product for protection because you can't get TrendMicro installed properly. Here's a way for Microsoft to make more money, provide a Microsoft approved label that certifies that when you uninstall any piece of software, there are no traces left over after the removal and they restore the settings back the way they were prior to installing their software. They could sell the certification label to every software manufacturer out there. Wouldn't every tech love that feature?

In summary, every piece of email, renewal notices, service tickets etc. should include the referenced serial number with it. Exporting information in my TrendMicro Account into Excel, and creating a sure fire fix for the firewall that is damaged from previous anti-virus programs including TrendMicro.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Lite

I'd like to see it not page itself to death eating up +20% CPU + disk IO time whenever I play a game like Titanium 2011 and 2012 do...  That'd be a great start.

Please use plain text.
Stone Talent
abombaci

[ Edited ]

These guy with your long posts, um, (stories), nobodys going to read 'em :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
gusper

please improve system tuner with disk defragmenting option and add two way firewall instead of firewall booster.

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
Franpa

[ Edited ]

Why do you need a Disk Defragmenter? Windows XP, Vista and 7 all include a version from Diskeeper with Vista SP2 and Windows 7 containing a version that supports background defragmenting which Diskeeper introduced in there 2011 edition product iirc.

If you'll notice, your hard disks under Vista SP2 and Windows 7 are always below 10% fragmented because of this unless you disabled the service/scheduled task.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
BULLDOG

Just suggestion, password for the program should be integrated with their my account. Because for some reason, most of the user forgot their password. It usually caused confusion why they dont have the same password on their program with their tm account. 

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
Franpa

[ Edited ]

I'm unsure if Trend Micro 2011 and 2012 do this but it would be nice if when cancelling a virus scan, it takes me to a screen where I can review any problems it found before I cancelled it.

Edit: Also the ability to resize the dialog box while a scan is being performed so that I can better view what is currently being scanned... currently in the 2010 product it only shows parts of the path to the currently being scanned file or only parts of the file name if the file name is really long.

An example picture is attached, a complete scan of my computer won't proceeed past this point and I have no idea why.  I can't even find the problematic location because the whole path isn't visible!

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
Franpa

Better support for estimating time remaining and how much progress has been made during a scan for computers with multiple partitions would be nice, currently like 80% of the scan progress is the C: partition even when it's the smallest partition. (Presumably this is done to give the initial impression that it is scanning really fast?)

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
snow755

all so time to drop support for window 2000 window XP and window XP SP 1 and SP1 window vista and window vista SP1 if you want too in stall 2013 you most have window XP SP 3 and all of its updates  window vista SP 2 and all its updateds  or window 7 o window 7 SP1  or  window 8 

Please use plain text.
Stone Talent
TMFan

would also like TM to add to support Opera browser.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.