Stone Emissary
KGlennCole
Accepted Solution

What is TMIEPluginBHO? And, why do I need it?

I am leery of allowing Browser plug-ins and I cannot determine what the TMIEPluginBHO does and why I need it. The prompt to Install or Ignore pops up every time I open a new window,,, very annoying.

What is TMIEPluginBHO? And, why do I need it? How do I remove so the pop-up goes away?

Win7, IE9, Titanium Maximum Security 2012

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
se7en

Re: What is TMIEPluginBHO? And, why do I need it?

Hi KGlennCole,

TMIEPluginBHO is a component of the Trend Micro Toolbar. It can filter search results and check if the websites are malicious or if it is safe to access.

Since you mentioned that you are using the 2012 version, feel free to get the free upgrade to the 2013 version. Follow the instructions here:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059195.aspx

I would suggest to enable to this plugin. Once you enable it, it won't prompt you anymore. You can also choose to disable it.

You can manage your add-ons by following the instructions here:

1.Start Internet Explorer.
2.On the Tools menu, click Manage Add-ons.
3.Click the name of the add-on.
4.Use one of the following methods:

- Click Update ActiveX to replace the add-on with the current version. This option is not available for all add-ons.
- To enable an add-on, click Enable, and then click OK.
- To disable an add-on, click Disable, and then click OK.

You may have to restart Internet Explorer for the changes to take effect after you enable or disable an add-on.

Cheers,

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
KGlennCole

Re: What is TMIEPluginBHO? And, why do I need it?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.