Skip to content

Stone Esquire
JoeG
Accepted Solution

Uninstalling Titanium

I installed Titanium last night and am trying to uninstall it so that I can install TM Internet Security.  Problem is that the Uninstall is hanging at the window that reads "Removing the program from your computer will take a few minutes.  Please wait."  It has been 45 minutes already and it's still at 0%.  Task Manager is showing no activity

Please use plain text.
Honored Talent
RobertDitLeBob

Re: Uninstalling Titanium

How did you uninstalled it ?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Ondots

Hi JoeG,

Welcome to the Trend Micro Community!

If you are still having problems uninstalling Titanium, please refer to the link below to remove it using Diagnostic Toolkit.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-to-uninstall-my-Trend-Micro-Titanium-2011-product.aspx

Good Luck! :smileyhappy: 

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Honored Talent
RobertDitLeBob

Hi!

If you want to take out the luck and be sure of the results, you pass Ccleaner ( registry ) cleaner before reinstalling Trend Micro. Then, there is no more false " installation". It runs very well when you no how to do it right.

PS : A good Ccleaner ( registry) after re-start then go into the configuration of Trend and do your stuff. Defrag. your disk whit what ever you have then Trend M. runs smoothly.

Have fun on the net!

Robert Dit Le Bob

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
JoeG

I used the goold ol' Windows hard re-boot and try again menthod.  Worked like a charm.  I HATE that.  It's driving me towards a mac...

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
rb918

NOTHING on this page or site or elswehere has succeeded in getting this "protection" software off my computer!! I have tried to uninstall it from the control panel. NOTHING HAPPENS. It doesn't even attempt to uninstall. I have tried uninstalling it from the uninstall link in the Programs folder. NOTHING HAPPENS. I have tried uninstalling it with the diagnostic toolkit. At least it STARTS but it does nothing more. (The Start all components and Stop all components buttons are inactive.) It runs. That's it. I let it run ALL NIGHT, in fact and this morning it was still not progressing. AND once I start the "uninstall" from the diagnostic toolkit, not only does it do nothing, but I can't even FORCE it to close. 

I know that Trend Micro is not TECHNICALLY a virus, but it's been a much bigger pain in the azz to get RID of than any actual virus that I've ever had. And this is PROTECTION?????? I am decidedly UNIMPRESSED.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
rb918

Yeah, I tried this, too. Even though there was a version already installed, I installed this one out of DESPERATION. I'm still stuck with Trend Micro on my computer that won't work or update and I can't even get RID of it so I can REPLACE it with something that actually works.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
rb918

Oh, and I can't even FORCE CLOSE uiSeAgnt.exe from the task manager. I click on End process and it just starts again...kind of like MALWARE.

Please use plain text.
Stone Noble
monkey_d_luffy

Try to uninstall Titanium in safe mode using the diagnostic toolkit http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-to-uninstall-my-Trend-Micro-Titanium-2011-product.aspx
-------------------------------------------------------------
Like my response? Please give me a Kudos!
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
gpowiedziuk

I have exactly the same problem as rb918. This is some kind of joke. I have a licensed version of titanium and after a while Ive noticed that there are no trend icons in tray so I couldnt do anything (scan for viruses, update etc).

I wasnt able to bring them back so I decided to reinstall this software...gues what - It will not uninsall !

Same things happens here - uninstaller from trend menu just don't even show up after I click it. Uninstall from diagnostic tool just do nothing forever. I've tried do all this also from safe mod - no difference.

If try to uninstall it from windows "add/remove programs" it would say "pleas us trend uninstaller" (agrhh)
I am really close to just delete manually all files and clean registry but this is a joke!

Please, help. I am pretty sure that there are no processes from trend holding files or anything. It looks like unistaller is just corrupted.

But same things happen with rb918's software, it can't be coincidence.

Please use plain text.