Skip to content

Stone Esquire
sarahg
Accepted Solution

Uninstalled PC Cillin, can't remove firewall

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Vista 32b that had PC Cillin on it (I believe 2007).  The trial of PC Cillin has been expired for over a year, and attempts to delete it from my control panel were unsuccessful, so I left it there.  Recently I decided to remove it using the instructions found online -- I downloaded the diagnostic toolkit to uninstall, then removed it from the registry editor and program files.

However, it seems that the firewall is still there and now my internet connection is shot.  "Remove Firewall" was greyed out on the diagnostic toolkit program.  I tried installing a newer version of Trend Micro security so that I could remove the firewall before deleting, but it says that there is a conflicting program, an error pops up when I click "Yes" to uninstall the conflicting software, and it never installs.  I know the firewall is still there because my network adapters in device manager are listed with "Trend Micro Common Firewall Miniport" in the name.  I have tried uninstalling these adapters, and they won't uninstall.  

I am logged in as the administrator of my machine and am running everything that allows me "as administrator", so that's not the problem.

How can I remove these firewalls so that I can use the internet again?  

Please use plain text.
Honored Talent
RobertDitLeBob

Re: Uninstalled PC Cillin, can't remove firewall

Hi! Sarahg

I'm not Pro around here but I would try on the site : cnet.....com, go on Downloads, search for ccleaner and it's Free

For users who are new to the program, in addition to browser tracks cleaning it will clean tracks from other programs, empty your recycle bin, delete temporary files, and clean your Registry, quickly scanning for invalid entries before removing them. CCleaner will also back up your Registry before you hit delete, in case it accidentally removes a crucial component. There's also a basic, somewhat rudimentary uninstaller for removing any program on your machine. What Registry entries it doesn't catch, the main Registry checker will, but it's a two-step process that dedicated uninstallers handle nicely on their own.

In empirical testing, CCleaner 3 appeared to be marginally faster than previous versions. This is probably system dependent, so users with older computers could likely see significantly faster scan and cleaning times than in previous versions.

Problems with CCleaner are minor at best, and it remains a highly-recommended, must-have weapon against system slowdowns, tracking cookies, and the multitudinous debris that can clutter your computer.

Crystal Reports 2008
Open, view, interact with, and share reports and dashboards over the Web securely.
Download Now

Publisher's description

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner.

OR

2011 Better paid for it but is very good.

TuneUp Utilities 2011, is now available for users of Windows 7, XP and Vista (both the 32- and 64-bit versions). The software is designed to keep PCs running smoothly, extend their lifecycles and provide users with a noticeable boost in speed and performance. With a number of new tuning features, including TuneUp Program Deactivator, and enhancements of its trusted optimization tools, the intelligent software developer is enabling users to solve performance issues with their operating system and other areas, such as third-party software.

Take care, Bob

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
sarahg

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately I already tried running CCleaner and it didn't work.  

Please use plain text.
Honored Talent
RobertDitLeBob

And the other?

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
sarahg

I just ran tuneup utilities, and I still have no internet connection.

Please use plain text.
Honored Talent
RobertDitLeBob

Have you tried in safe mode, reeboot and push on the Key F8 and pass Ccleaner and everything you've got to clean or rectify. ?

Please use plain text.
Master Esquire Neo
Master Esquire
Neo

Hello sarahg I know how how hard it is when something goes wrong but here what you can try

Ensure Trend Micro Common Firewall Driver is no longer existed in local area connections.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

1. Open Control Panel

2. Select Network and Sharing Center

3. Mouse click on “Local Area Connection”

4. Mouse clicks Properties button

5. Select on Trend Micro NDIS 6.0 Filter Driver and the click Uninstall button to remove it.

6. Click Yes button to confirm uninstall Trend Micro NDIS 6.0 Filter Driver or Trend Micro Common Firewall Driver

7. Click Yes button to restart your computer now.

8. Ensure Trend Micro Common Firewall Driver is no longer existed in local area connections.

just make sure that from all the Local Area Connection you have including the wifi everything ....

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
ashkhn

There is another solution:

-go to network connections
-right click on local area network, click properties
-uncheck trend micro common firewall miniport from the list
-click on uninstall
-restart pc and all should be fine

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Ben10k

Hi,

Can you try using this and check if you'll be able to remove the remainig Trend Micro files....

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1033129.aspx

Peace and love!

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Honored Talent
RobertDitLeBob

Then try on line tech on your computer, he or they will find. ( Chat )
https://esupport.trendmicro.com/prechatform/en_cons.aspx

Or

How do I uninstall Trend Micro Titanium using the Diagnostic Toolkit?

http://support.antivirus.co.uk/trendmicro/kbresolution.jsp?hmid=52386

Please use plain text.