Stone Esquire
grizzthepro
Accepted Solution

Trend Micro won't turn on

My Trend Micro Titanium software has turned off and when I double click the icon I get a pop up asking if I allow this program to make changes to files etc., and when I hit yes the start up screen saying Trend Micro Titanium pops up and looks like it's loading for a few seconds, then disappears and doesn't turn on. I have restarted my computer many times but it has helped me none.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Re: Trend Micro won't turn on

Hi grizzthepro, 

How does your Trend Micro icon looks like? Was it a red ball with a T on top of it? Can you tell us what window opened up that notified you its opening up?

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
khanto

Did you install any program/ software recently? Can you still recall the things that you did before encountering the issue? Issues like this could be caused by a conflicting software that you might have installed in the computer.

You can check your control panel and select the programs and features or the add/remove program and check for conflicting programs like symantec, Superantispyware, etc.

Another possible cause is if you recently upgraded your version to Titanium. There are cases that there are still traces of the old or lower versions of Trend Micro on the machine and that is conflicting with the components of the new Titanium version that you have.

If in case this is your scenario, you can try to do a clean installation by uninstalling the Trend Micro Titanium by using the diagnostic tool/ support tool. After the uninstallation, you can then install back the program and check if the problem will still persist.

For the steps on how to uninstall the program by using the support tool, you can do the steps below:

1. Click Start > All Programs > Trend Micro > Trend Micro Support Diagnostic Tool

2. Select the Uninstall Tab

3. Click Uninstall

Then you can use the links below to reinstall the program depending on the program version that you have.

Trend Micro Antivirus: (Serial number that starts with letter- A)

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-to-download-and-install-Trend-Micro-Titanium-AntiVirus-2011...

Trend Micro Internet Security: (Serial number that starts with letter- P)

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-to-download-and-install-Trend-Micro-Titanium-Internet-Secur...

Trend Micro Maximum Security: (Serial number that starts with letter- X)

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/9/How-to-download-and-install-Trend-Micro-Titanium-Maximum-Security-o....

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
abir12

Re: Trend Micro Titanium turned itself off

hi i have trend micro ive had it for about 2 weeks now and today i was using my computer and i wanted to scan for viruses. So i tryed to open trend micro and it didnt open it would say opening and then just go away, so i restarted my computer and still the same problem. Till after that i realised it was turned off so it suggested i had to turn it on , i did and then something came up saying do you trust this publisher i clicked yes and it didn't turn on . I need to turn it on ASAP please if you can reply as soon as you see this it would be great . thanks

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro
Duke

Hello abir12,

Your problem can be caused by a conflict in your system.

Please post your System Information log here so as we can have a better look on this concern.

You can refer to How to get System Information log needed by Technical Support.

Have a great day!

Regards,

Duke

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others. Have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

hi abir12, 

please generate a system information log so we can check what is the cause of this issue.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-to-get-System-Information-log-needed-by-Technical-Support.a...

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
seventhsage

I am having a similar problem. I try to open it & it shows like it is going to start but then it just disappears. I have tried restarting the comp also running the program as admin, I also found another post that had a hotfix in it & tried that, none of which have worked. So i created the log file which i have attached here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Coy25

Hi seventhsage,

The problem you have could be caused by conflicting programs or simply your Windows Environment. Let us try to trim it down and let's see if we can get better results this time. Let's start by following the procedure below:

1. Uninstalling conflicting programs

Step-by-Step procedures on how to do it can be found by clicking here. This step should always be done, as it is a general rule not to install two or more security programs on your computer since they would conflict on each other. On your case, the candidate would be Norton PC Checkup. This could be named differently on your program list so it would be best for you to also check other possible names like Norton or Symantec.

2. Uninstall Trend Micro Titanium

Procedure for the proper way of uninstalling the current Trend Micro Titanium on your computer can be  found here.

3. Check for viruses

It would be best for us to check if there may be a live virus on your computer which affects the performance of your Trend Micro Titanium. You can use our free online-scanner tool named HouseCall.

4. Download and install the hot fix.

5. Click and download the program you are using below:

6. Click Save, then select Desktop as the location to download the file.

7. Go to your desktop, then look for the file you downloaded.

8. Right-click the file, then select Extract here.

9. Wait as the program extracts the contents of the file.

10. Open the TtiFull folder, then double-click the Setup.exe file.

11. Follow the prompts to reinstall the program.

Please do notify us about the results.

HTH

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
abir12

Sorry i took long to reply Here is the system info

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
mban13

I am also having the same issue- My windows security alerts informed me that my anti-virus is off. I am having no luck in turning it back on.  I have Trend Micro Titanium maximum security installed.

Please use plain text.