Stone Esquire
bcampo92
Accepted Solution

Trend Micro won't turn on...

Hello. About an hour ago I got a notification on the bottom right of my screen telling me that Trend Micro Antivirus Plus could update to Trend Micro Titanium. When I clicked the notification it began the updating process (with my consent). So then it came to a page that asked me to remove my Trend Micro Antivirus Plus in order to allow the updated version to work. It felt a little fishy but I decided to do it anyway, since it was the actual program that appeared to be notifying me. To be safe, I google searched it and it turns out Titanium is indeed a version of Trend Micro. After allowing the program to remove Trend Micro Antivirus Plus, it told me the new version is incompatible with my computer and exited.

So I was stuck without antivirus software completely now...it didn't allow me to reinstall the old software or anything. It just exited out completely. So I ran a System Restore and now I have Trend Micro on my desktop and in my Computer. However, it fails to open in every possible way. I've tried the shortcut, I've went into My Computer and I went to the thumbnail on the bottom right of my screen. When I click the thumbnail it says "Turn on Trend Micro Antivirus (Important)". Upon clicking this, I also see no results whatsoever. It either sends me to a screen that says "Are you sure you trust this program?" or it just has an image of a timer next to wear I click it.

I'm a little irritated with this because I no longer have the software to load Trend Micro Antivirus Plus. I'm a student in college and I'm almost 100% sure that I left it at home. So if I can't figure out a way to simply open this program then I will be out of a good antivirus for a little while, which is a little risky.

The only other thing I could think of doing was going into Task Manager and ending the process but that didn't work either considering it's not actually a running program.

Sorry for the long post. If anyone can help me out with this I'd be greatful. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
RAAR

Re: Trend Micro won't turn on...

Hi bcampo92,

First I should let you know that the TrendMicro Titanium program is indeed ours and we did offer our users to a free upgrade to it. With regards to the message saying that the Titanium program is incompatible with your current operating system, may we know what operating system you are using and if you can give us any more details regarding the message?

The current TrendMicro software installed on your computer will encounter some issues because when you do a system restore it can affect the components of the program so re-installation is the next step. The link below has the steps to remove all traces of the damaged TrendMicro software:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-do-I-remove-old-or-new-versions-of-Trend-Micro-products-in-...

NOTE: Please take note of your serial number before you attempt to uninstall the product.

You can download the TrendMicro Antivirus PLUS Anti-spyware 2010 program from the link below:

http://downloadcenter.trendmicro.com/index.php?regs=NABU&clk=latest&clkval=279&lang_loc=1

I hope this information was helpful.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
bcampo92

Thanks for the reply. I have a PC and I'm using Windows 7. Since I doubt it's incompatible with Windows 7 (since it's a pretty popular OS) I assume there was some kind of glitch. But you're saying that I need to record the serial number on my computer? It's going to ask me for it?

Thanks again for your help.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
bcampo92

Alright. So I've reinstalled it but it won't activate. It asks me for the serial number it gave me when I uninstalled it. I copied and pasted it into a Word document but it says the number is invalid. But I copied and pasted it so there's NO way that I recorded it wrong.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
bcampo92

[ Edited ]

This is really annoying.

On the attached image, you can see that from Help & Support, it tells me my serial number. Under that is the Word document where I pasted my serial number. This is the one that I type into the window on the left, where it asks me for my serial number. Yet, you can see that it rejects my serial number, saying: "You mistyped the serial number, or provided a serial number that does not support the software that you want to install. Please try again."

Apparently I'm protected but I can't activate it until this is resolved.

[removed attached image, informed user]

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
bigg_dogg

I am having  the same problem.  What should I do?  I can not turn off trend micro or scan.  when i pass my cursor across the icon at the bottom of the computer it say starting your protection. it has been saying that for the last 3 hours.  What should I do.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
Alpong

Hi bigg_dogg,

May I know the version of the Trend Micro program that you are using so that we can provid you the correct hotfix in case needed?

You can check it thru your Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit. Please follow the instructions below to open it:

1. Click on the Start Button.

2. Navigate All Programs > Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus/Internet Security / Maximum Security (Either of them depending on what you have on the computer)

3. If you can see Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit, please click on it. In case not, you should have More Tools and Help folder where it is located.

4. Once opened, please look for the Details Tab.

5. You will be able to see the Version of the program that you are using.

Thank you so much!

BR,

Alpong

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.