Skip to content

Stone Esquire
astronomer
Accepted Solution

Trend Micro won't scan automatically

I have Trend Micro Titanium on two computers, and my desktop scans automatically every day.  On my laptop, it does not scan every day, even though I've set up the scan for "evey day" exactly the same on both.  Surely if my laptop is not turned on at the designated scan time, it should scan next time turned on?  Can someone help?  Thanks,  David

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
Geocite

Re: Trend Micro won't scan automatically

Hello astronomer,

The scheduled scan of the Trend Micro Titanium won't run under following conditions:

·

You have a special screen saver running.

·

Set on Full Screen

·

Your computer is on hibernation.

And if your computer is turned on the scheduled scan will pass the scan and it will continue to scan your computer on the following day.

Reference:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1058495.aspx

Hope this helps!

Geo :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
MacAmhairghin

Absolute nonsense.

• My laptop has NEVER been set to hibernate.  It has never even been set to turn off the monitor.  It never works on the battery and is ALWAYS plugged in except when going from the home to the office, at which time it is off.
  • My laptop has not had a screen saver - full screen or otherwise - active since I bought it.

Trend Micro, however, it's had for two years.  The previous version was great, it worked fantastically well, and it's what made me upgrade to Trend Micro Titanium 2011.  I wish I never had - and will go over the details of the other problems I have with this version in another post as this one is specific to the failure of the software to scan automatically.

I have my laptop set to scan every day at 4am.  That way, it should be done scanning and ready to go with me to the office by 8am.

Except that it almost NEVER scans at 4am, and instead scans whenever it wants - later in the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening, whenever, but rarely at the time it's supposed to - or worse, it simply doesn't scan at all.

Please stop blaming the customers and their machines for an obvious flaw in your software (there's been more than one thread about this).  Just fix it.

And please, please, PLEASE don't respond with "For this concern, Kindly try upgrading to the new 2012 version and check if problem persist," as I've seen on other threads.

You guys must think we're idiots to say "Spend more money on software that doesn't work properly and all will be well."  When you guys (in general, not specifically you Geocite) copy/paste that into the end of a post, do you do the Jedi Mind Trick hand wave, too?

Windows XP Pro, with full SP and other updates

250GB HDD, 2GB RAM

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
MacAmhairghin

Just for the sake of amusement, Trend Micro Titanium 2011 was scheduled to do a full scan at 4am this morning - just as it is scheduled to run every single morning.

It did not scan at 4am.  It started scanning at 8:04 am, just as I was preparing to shut down the computer and take it to the office

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
MacAmhairghin

So...

My scan scheduled for 4am this mornign started at 9:51.

You guys have an actual fix for this, or is is the problem still going to be blamed on a screen saver or hibernation - when neither are the real problem?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
silentpal

Hi MacAmhairgin,

Have you tried to check your computer's clock, is it set according to your correct time zone? Sometimes the scheduled scan will not run because of this. Please make sure to set the time correctly because Trend Micro Titanium program is following your computer's clock time.

Related link: http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1058495.aspx

Hope this helps!

Regards,

silentpal

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
MacAmhairghin

Yes, of course.

The computer's clock is correct and accurate, no screen saver runs, no hibernation.

And yet today's 4am scheduled scan started at 7:51am.

All of the times I've listed here have been according to the computer clock - which matches my alarm clock, which matches my watch, which matches my cell phone, which matches the time according to the cable company.

It's also the clock that blares an alarm on time every morning so I get out of bed and get ready for work on time. 

Seriously, it's not me.  It's not my machine, or the machines of others on this forum who have had this problem.

The least common denominator here is TMT2011 and what appears to be a bug within it.

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
khanto

Hi,

if there's really problem with 2011 version, why not try upgrading the version and check if the problem persist.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059​195.aspx

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
MacAmhairghin

You know, I can't laugh enough at this.

You apparently didn't read what I said in my first post in this thread:

"And please, please, PLEASE don't respond with "For this concern, Kindly try upgrading to the new 2012 version and check if problem persist," as I've seen on other threads.

You guys must think we're idiots to say "Spend more money on software that doesn't work properly and all will be well."  When you guys (in general, not specifically you Geocite) copy/paste that into the end of a post, do you do the Jedi Mind Trick hand wave, too?"

It is now obvious to me that there is no intention of any kind of real support, and as such I will never, ever, again, use a Trend Micro Product.

I'll also tell everyone I know the kind of experience I've had withi Trend Micro since the disastrous move from the excellent TMIS Pro 2010 to the deplorable and disgraceful TMT 2011.

"Try upgrading."  HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahaha.  Thanks for the laugh, khanto.

Might as well close this thread unless anyone else has something to add.  My problem will be resolved just as soon as I finish downloading Avast.

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
khanto

Sorry, I was reading the very first item of the thread and missed that you're a different person.

Well, technically, have you tried calling the usual support (phone, email or chat?).

What we are providing here are suggestions and opinions and not a whole technical resolution to cases.

If in case that you really wish to use a different program, it is your option.

Please use plain text.