Skip to content

Stone Emissary
Getsuga
Accepted Solution

Trend Micro will not start up

Hi all

A few days ago, on my Windows 7 desktop, my Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2012 suddenly stopped starting up properly. It appears on the task bar initially, but disappears soon after. On my Solve PC issues system icon, a message appears saying that Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2012 needed to be turned on. I tried to start it up manually next, but it simply blinks and vanishes. I am not very adept at this kind of stuff so can someone please help? Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
_austin316_

Re: Trend Micro will not start up

Hi Getsuga,

Based on your problem description, please try doing the steps on the link below to fix this issue:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059949.aspx

Regards,

_austin316_

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Getsuga

[ Edited ]

Hi austin316,

The solution enabled me to start up Trend Micro however I cannot open the main console or anything else after some update after reinstalling. Something I noted was that during the installation it did not ask me to sign in my account and asked me for a new name for the computer which is different from what the solution stated should have happened.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
se7en

Hi Getsuga,

Please follow the instruction on the link below:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1060040.aspx

Please let us know if that solution worked for you.

Regards,

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Getsuga

Hi se7en,

The solution you posted seems to only apply if there is an error message. I never had an error message and the program just simply doesn't open up even though it is on the taskbar on the bottom right.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
sakura

hi Getsuga,

It seems that with your problem description there's an issue when starting the Trend Micro program on your computer. I would suggest that you reinstall the program to fix this.

Please follow this procedure:

1. Before you uninstall the Trend Micro program, you must first download and save the file that you need to install the Trend Micro program on your computer. Click on this link to start the download. 

Note: It would be advised for you to save the installer on your desktop or on the most convenient location where you can find it easily.

2. When you're done saving the installer on your computer, run the removal tool for the old version of the Trend Micro program to avoid conflicts. Click this link to use the uninstaller tool for the older version. Do not restart your computer yet upon running this. Now run the uninstall tool for the Titanium Internet Security 2012. Access this link to uninstall Titanium Internet Security 2012

3. Restart your computer.

4. You can now try to reinstall your Trend Micro program using the installer that you've saved from step#1. If you need installation guide, click on this link. If you've already downloaded and saved the installer file on your computer, start from step#3 on the installation guide.

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Getsuga

Hi sakura,

I just wanted to clarify this: In Step 2, do I use both of those links?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
_austin316_

Hi Getsuga,

Yes, please use both links and follow the steps on it. I believe sakura wanted to make sure that there are no remnants of the old versions of the Trend Micro program on your computer as well as we want to clean the files that may have been loaded during the failed installation of Titanium 2012.

Regards,

_austin316_

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Getsuga

Hi,

I have followed all those steps and still cannot open the main console or start any scans.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
_austin316_

Hi Getsuga,

If you were able to successfully reinstall the Trend Micro program and the problem we have now is opening the main console, please try doing the steps below and check the results after completing each set of instructions:

I. Disable the Compatibility Mode:

1. Right-click the desktop icon of your Titanium program, then select Properties.

2. Click the Compatibility tab.

3. Untick Compatibility mode.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

II. Disable the Privelege Level Mode:

1. Right-click the desktop icon of your Titanium program, then Open file location

2. Right-click the highlighted file on the window that will open, then select Properties.

3. Click the Compatibility tab.

4. Untick Run this program as an adminisitrator.

5. Click Apply, then click OK.

Regards,

_austin316_

Please use plain text.