Skip to content

Stone Esquire
Yicheng
Accepted Solution

Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012 will not start

Hi I have been using Trend Micro for about a month and it now does not start at all (ie I have no protect from Trend Micro!!) Please help. 

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
sakura

Re: Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012 will not start

Hi Yicheng,

I need more information about your system. Please post your HijackThis logs. Please follow the procedure on this link: http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1037994.aspx to generate the logs. Please also indicate symptoms, activities done before the issue occurs and error messages encountered.

I'll be waiting for your feedback. Thanks! :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Yicheng

Hi attached is the Trend Micro Hijack this script

I am not sure what is the problem, but I restarted my computer and trend micro will not turn on. When I click on the program the trend micro loading window opens but then after a few minutes it closes by itself. 

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire djh
Stone Esquire
djh

[ Edited ]

I am experiencing the sam symptoms with Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012.  Was there a solution to the problem Yicheng was having?

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
TonyG

I have the same problem also, would apprciate any help.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
sakura

[ Edited ]

Hi Yicheng,

I've found conflicting software installed on your computer. This may cause performance issues on your computer.

Please see the files below:

C:\Program Files\McAfee Security Scan\2.0.181\SSScheduler.exe

O4 - Global Startup: McAfee Security Scan Plus.lnk = ?

O23 - Service: McAfee Security Scan Component Host Service (McComponentHostService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee Security Scan\2.0.181\McCHSvc.exe

Please uninstall Mcafee Security scan using Programs/Features in Control Panel. Another option is to run their removal tool by following this link.

If you still can't open the Trend Micro program after uninstalling Mcafee, try to check if it's you're UAC is causing the issue.

To disable your UAC, click on this link. Restart your computer and wait until your computer is ready. Try to open your Trend Micro program and see if it opens. If it opens, that means your UAC is in a tight security setting that prevents your Trend Micro program. However, for additional security, this should be on. Turn on the UAC following this link. Restart your computer.

You can apply the patch on this link.

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Disclaimer: The Mcafee removal tool is proprietary owned by Mcafee, Inc. Trend Micro is not liable for any issues that this tool may cause on the computer. You need to call their technical support for further assistance about their product.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Yicheng

I have tried both solutions and my trend mirco still will not start up. When I turn on my computer it says that trend micro is starting up protection, but then it just disappears. 

Is there any other solution avaliable for this problem? 

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
red_one

[ Edited ]

Try to uninstall and reinstall your Trend micro program.

Uninstall using the Trend Micro Diagnostic toolkit

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059018.aspx

Re-install Titanium again.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1058968.aspx

This should fix your concern

*** Locked topic due to inactivity. For related concern, please post a new topic from the link below:

Home and Home Office:

http://community.trendmicro.com/t5/Home-and-Home-Office-Forum/bd-p/homeoffice

Please use plain text.