Stone Emissary JMB
Stone Emissary
JMB
Accepted Solution

Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2013 - Product Version 6.0

When the computer starts Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security gets hung up.  The icon in the system tray appears with the double arrows and says "Update in progress" for an inordinately long time.  Also, the Windows Security Alert appears in the icon tray and when clicked, the Windows Security Center window pops up saying "Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security reports that it is turned off."  I suspect that I need to uninstall the program and then reinstall it.  Does that make sense?  If so what is the procedure for doing so?  Or is there something else I should do instead?  Thanks very much!

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
fjordz

Re: Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2013 - Product Version 6.0

Hi JMB,

There are several factors why your Trend Micro program acted that way. It could be due to a corrupted update, intermittent Internet connection, etc. Instead of having it reinstalled, I would suggest upgrading it to it's latest version which is the Titanium 2014. To upgrade for free, kindly follow the instructions on the link below:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1098619.aspx

Just use the same serial number to have it activated.

Regards,

Fjordz

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Norman_C

Many thanks. This solution worked for me (although somewhat unusual to solve a problem by installing an upgrade!; NTL it worked, cleanly.)
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
fjordz

Hi Norman_C,

That's good to hear that upgrading to Titanium 2014 resolved the problem you've initially encountered in the lower version of your Trend Micro program. The latest version should work fine as it includes latest updates that would resolve existing issues that are present on the lower versions. That's why it is always recommended to have your software, not just your Trend Micro program, to download its latest version.

Regards,

Fjordz

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.