Skip to content

Stone Esquire
dmb779
Accepted Solution

Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2012 will not start! Help!

Hello

I have Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2012 installed on a newly reformatted CPU running Windows 7 - 64 bit.  Currently, the software says 'Starting Protection' when logging in, but never does start.  When I click to start the program, the initial screen for the program opens, but then closes quickly thereafter with no programs remaining open.

The Windows Security Centre tells me that Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security is not turned on and that there are no anti-spyware programs running.

This has happened before.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and things worked for a couple months, but now the problem is back.  I don't think I should have to uninstall and reinstall every couple months to keep this software running.  Please help!

Dmb779

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
se7en

Re: Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2012 will not start! Help!

Hi dmb779,

Try to install the 2013 version instead of the 2012 version. You can refer to the link below:

For Titanium Internet Security 2013 (Serial Number format: PxxF-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx):

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1061143.aspx

Cheers,

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
WINONE

I have installed and removed and re-installed 2013 Maximum Security and after uploading it...I get error message 0x96000180. Trend Micro said that they were having problems with it before December 2012 and Trend Micro told me to use the trial version and they should have the error fixed....well guess what...I have been working on it for the past 3 hours and I still have not been able to upload 2013 Maximum Security....and suggestions?!

Grady

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
se7en

Hi WINONE,

For that error message, it is best to contact the Trend Micro Support. They are already aware of that issue and they will help you correct that. I believe that the issue on that error code is the serial number itself. Support team may just need to replace your serial number.

Cheers,

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
WINONE

They told me when the free trial was over with to use the serial number I have would work....well as of yesterday it has not work!! And to top that off...I Have a VIRUS NOW!!

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
se7en

Hi WINONE,

As I have mentioned in my previous post, you need to contact Trend Micro Support again for them to further assist you in that error code.

To check if your computer has been infected or not, kindly perform a scan first using Trend Micro Housecall. It is a free tool to check your computer for threats. Follow the instructions here:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1038437.aspx

Cheers,

Please use plain text.