Stone Esquire
mwestaway1082
Accepted Solution

Trend Micro Titanium 2012 will not open

Hello-

Some time ago I turned off my trend micro as it was prohibiting me from accessing a training website at work.  I forgot about it and went to turn it back on today, and the program will not open.  When I select it from the start menu or from windows explorer it shows a trend micro screen/window, but then nothing happens, no console etc. 

I ran HouseCall and did a quick and full scan with no threats.  However when the full scan reached 100% the screen froze and although it said no threats found, it did not complete the scan officially.

Now whenever I open a trend micro support link (such as clicking on the links in other threads to run HouseCall) the website is quite jumbled and I'm unable to find HouseCall to run it again.

In short:

Cant open up Trend Micro Titanium 2012

Ran House Call (kind of) with no threats found

Trend Micro support website now appears jumbled.

I'm running IE9 on Windows 7

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
RAAR

Re: Trend Micro Titanium 2012 will not open

Hi mwestaway1082,

Please try re-installing your Trend Micro product to see if this helps.

Here is the link with instructions to remove all traces of Trend Micro from your compuyer:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059799.aspx

Here is the link with instructions to help you re-install the product:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1058995.aspx

Please let us know how it goes.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
mwestaway1082

Thankyou.

Uninstallation using the Diagnostic Toolkit in the start menu folder worked (regular uninstallation would not let me do it).  This completed got rid of Trend Micro and also cleared up the website jumbled issue.

I then reinstalled Trend Micro from the website using the serial number I copied down from my version and that was also successful.

I'm now able to open up the console and am currently running a full scan.  Thanks for your help and prompt response!  I'll let you know if I have any further issues.

Please use plain text.
Honored Talent
RobertDitLeBob

And before reinstalling scan whit Ccleaner to clean none aggressively the registry. Clean install most important.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
RAAR

Hi mwestaway1082,

That is good to hear. Do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any more problems.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.