Skip to content

Stone Emissary
tufa4311
Accepted Solution

Trend Micro Pop Ups - Suspicious Activity HELP

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've been getting these Suspicious Activity pop ups from Trend Micro asking me to confirm that a program can be allowed to run. This is odd in two ways: I have not added any new programs or applications recently and even when I click confirm and tell it not to notify me about that program I still keep getting the pop ups. I've had about 10 just this morning and on top of that I have no idea what programs the pop ups are referring to as it doens't note the program name (yes, I know I shouldn't just verify it if I don't know what it is but I work from home, connected to my office server and don't have the time to deal with it constantly) ...Help

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
synchronized30

Re: Trend Micro Pop Ups - Suspicious Activity HELP

Hi,

Please give details on the pop-up that you receieved like the name of the application that is trying to run.

Thanks!

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
tufa4311

[ Edited ]

Thank you for replying!

That's just it, the pop up is not giving me much info. Sometimes I'll get a pop up the lists the program "teatimer.exe" which I've found is an exe with Spybot. But these pop ups today are not listing a program, however, I was lucky enough to have one pop up as I was writing this so I took a quck screen shot, please see attached.

Also, I know that Trend saves logs about these types of things so if there is a specific log I can inform you about let me know.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
tufa4311

[ Edited ]

Update: it just keeps happening. The same pop-up, does not list a specific application that I can see (please view screen shot in previous post).

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
synchronized30

Hi,

Have tried doing this: http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/I-get-the-warning-message-Do-you-want-this-program-to-access-th... ?

The notication shows because the said application is trying to access the internet or trying to modify some information on your system. If it is indeed from Spybot, you add the application on the exceltion list. Here's how:

1. Open the console

2. Click on Virus and Spyware Control

3. Click on the Unauthorized Changed Prevention

4. CLick Exception list

5. Add the applicaion on the list

Note: Please make sure that the file is not malicious.

Hope this helps.

Please let me know if you need further help.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
tufa4311

Thx for the link but this is exactly what I had been doing-checking off the "Stop Warning" and it still pops up. Now, I really shouldn't be checking off the ignore becuase I don't really know what the program is. To be clear, while I do have these popups for teatimer.exe related to Spybot, that was just an example I was giving. This post is specifically for the popup I'm getting that is NOT related to teatimer.exe/spybot.

Please review the screen shot I attached on a previous post. The pop ups are again happening today and I was able to expand the info in the popup and confirmed the program it is referring to: "operating system components"

I did not note this before as I thought "operating system components" was just a general notation for my OS, but myabe not.

So, to review, at this point I am not looking for instructions on how to add to the Exception List, but rather to detemnine exectly what program is this blocking? "operating system component"

And, why eventhough I am checking off the "stop warning" does it continue to warn? (this is the lesser of the questions)

Thx so much for helping

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
ktiz

I am having the exact same issue!  The warning reads the same and gives no helpful details.  It pops up every time I do anything on the internet.  So each time I click a button or try to print from my wireless printer that is connected via the internet. 

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
tufa4311

found this on Microsoft Answers: "Now I've made sure that TrendMicro has office 2010 listed as being allowed to access the net, it shows up as "Operating System Components" in the program list pane in TrendMicro"....they seem to be pretty sure that it's Office 2010. comments?

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
ktiz

Update:  Every now and then, when I restart my computer, the warnings go away.  However, if I shut everything down again and boot up again later, the warnings return.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
jmanning

I have this same problem.  I am getting this popoup window  asking if I want to block a program from sending data to the internet. It says the program is "operating system co..". How can I stop this?

Please use plain text.