Skip to content

Stone Esquire
BinaryAbyss

Trend Micro Chrome Extension

Okay, today has been a  trying experience, so bear with me. I woke up this morning, turned on my laptop, logged into my user, and clicked on Google Chrome (my main web browser). I checked my email, checked my social network site, yada yada, and everything was going smoothly. Then I visited IGN.com, an entertainment media website, and I was immediately presented with an ad. This is not supposed to happen, because I have installed Ad Block Plus on my laptop. So I checked my Google Chrome Extensions, and they had been deactivated. I tried to reactivate them, but ABP did not, so I assumed there must be something wrong with all of them. Then I deleted them and attempted to re-install. them.

Here's where my current problem arises: I cannot find a way to re-install the Trend Micro Toolbar back onto Chrome. I tried looking for it on the internet, I tried completely uninstalling and then re-installing Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security, I tried adjusting the internet settings on the main program to automatically install the toolbar onto supported web browsers, and I tried contacting official support. On that last one, their description box has a debilitating character limit, so I cannot give them the whole story and make sure they are fully informed when they reply to my particular issue.

Here's what's changed since all of that happened: I now know that Google Chrome has had a recent security update that automatically deactivated third party extensions. I also know that, while ABP may have needed to be re-installed, I should not have deleted the Trend Micro Toolbar extension. I have been running all over internet creation trying to find a solution to this problem, and I have been led here, a last resort, and perhaps my last chance. Is there anyone who can tell me what to do, and how to re-install the Trend Micro Toolbar back onto my Chrome Web Browser?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
win-win

Re: Trend Micro Chrome Extension

Hi BinaryAbyss,

To be able to assist you further regarding this, can we have the Trend Micro program version installed on your computer? Looking forward for your immediate response.

Regards,

win-win

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Peter_King

how to re-install the Trend Micro Toolbar back onto my Chrome Web Browser?

I have Trend Maximum Security 2013.

Google chrome is so slow it can take upto one minute to load a single line email.

I use a gmail account mostly.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
thirdalicaya

To activate the Trend Micro toolbar on your Google Chrome, just click on settings > extensions and just enable the toolbar but since you're still using the 2013 version. I advised you to upgrade to 2014 version for free and you won't encounter issues like this. Please visit this link:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-US/1059036.aspx

Please let us know if the same issue occurs.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Peter_King

Thank you for a Brave attempt. 2014 upgraded.. still got the same problem. Trend appears to think gmail is malicious

takes excessive time to load one line emails. This is after the minutes taken to open gmail account.

Nor can I get Trend micro toolbar. Thought that might help resolve this issue.

Thinking now just to wave good bye to the software and return to a freebie that never gave me problems but did keep my computer safe. 

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
thirdalicaya

We do apologize for the inconvenience this caused you on your end. We are still not sure if the issue is caused by the Trend Micro program. we need to isolate the issue first by turning off Trend Micro then check if its caused by it. To do that, please check out this link:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1058376.aspx

Please let us know about the results.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Peter_King

I did stop Trend as suggested. 

Results:

Trend off.. Multi lined email from a family member opened instantly.

Trend on.. 3 minutes for the exact same message.

My conclusion is that Trend is slowing Gmail to a slower than snail pace.

If this issue cannot be resolved I will un-install Trend permanently from this machine.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
thirdalicaya

Thank you for letting us know about the results. Feel free to contact our Technical support 1800 864 6027 so that we can check further on this and so that we can also replicate the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps.

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Peter_King

Have a great Christmas holiday. 

I will have to leave this for now. Un-installed Trend. Using Avast software as it works correctly. After the Christmas Holiday. I will try again with Trend in conjunction with Tech Support. Trusting that this will be acceptable. If not let me know. Then I will throw away the disc.

ps is there a number or ticket in connection with this problem?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
edsofglory

Hi Peter_King,

If you still want to continue troubleshooting this issue, I suggest that you reinstall the Google Chrome to gain back the Trend Micro extension.

To uninstall Google Chrome, please refer to the link below:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95319?hl=en

To download and reinstall the Google Chrome browser, use the link below:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95346?hl=en

Then to check if the Trend Micro extensions are now enabled, you may refer to the link below:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-US/1097319.aspx

Hope this helps. Please keep us updated for this issue.

Please use plain text.