Skip to content

Stone Esquire
williams78749

Trend Micro Antivirus & Java

Just bought and installed new AntiVirus + AntiSpyware today.  Happy so far, except for one thing.  I sometimes play games on a site that uses Java, but since installing this I can't enable Java on that site.  Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
manwolf

Re: Trend Micro Antivirus & Java

Hi williams78749. I suggest that we first verify if it's really the Trend Micro Consumer Product that is causing the problem.

We will disable the Trend Micro Consumer Product and check if the problem is still there. Refer to the following steps:

01. Right-click on the Trend Micro icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen and options will appear.
02. Click on the Exit option and a pop-up message will appear.

03. Click on the Yes button.

After that, please access the website and check if Java loads successfully.

If the problem persists, I suggest that you reset the settings of your Internet Explorer.

Please refer to the following link for detailed instructions on how to reset Internet Explorer settings:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Hope this helps.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Nathan

I have the same issue, I just got Trend Micro Titanium maximum security 2011 and when I go to enter chat rooms java will not load up to let the site work, as soon as I exit trend and refresh the page java loads up and away I go, after this is done I can either leave trend off or I can also turn it back on and its fine, I am wondering if there is a way to let java start all the time while trend is on without having to turn it off first? I have also tried putting the site in the exemption list but it still will not work.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
wofem

As most know, Java has been compromised since the 7series was introduced, and creates a security risk. I also frequent a gaming site, and my ability to play games is being blocked very specific to java. One helpful member of the site has been working to find what might be the best way to work with java successfully.  One suggestion is to 'disable' java in the Trend program (I'm using Trend Titanium + 2013). But I can't see where Java is listed in the control center of my Trend program. Can anyone tell me where it is listed, and how to disable java in Trend?

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Abster

It would be nice if there was an answer to this problem.  I have to turn off Trend every time I want to go to my favorite chat room now and talk to friends. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
chazyAldz

Hello Abster,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and I understand that you  need to disable your Trend Micro program before you can access your favorite chat room. We will be glad to assist you with this concern.

Titanium supports instant messenger such as Yahoo and AIM/AOL. I would like to ask what instant messenger you are using and if it is web-based or an application installed on the computer. You can add the messenger to your Titanium exception list, please be guided on the following link:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-US/1059964.aspx

Please reply to this post for any updates so that we will be able to assist you further.

Thank you and regards,

chazyAldz

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.