Skip to content

Stone Esquire
nick-perardi
Accepted Solution

Trend Max Free Trial has newer update definitions then my Paid Subscription

My friend has the trial version of Trend Micro Max and I have the paid subscription. He was blocked on a download that I told him to get and I was not. We compared Virus definitions and his defintions were pushed yesteday 12/21 and my defintions were last pushed 12/8. I tried to update but it said I had the most up to date definitions.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
silentpal

Re: Trend Max Free Trial has newer update definitions then my Paid Subscription

[ Edited ]

Hi Nick-perardi,

In order to get latest updates your subscription must be active and if your trial version expires what you can do is share your license because it can cover up to 3 licenses. If you're virus definition is still up to date that means you have the latest updates because of the message that you are getting. The date and time of update also depends.

To change Serial number, do the following:

1. Open Titanium Main console.

2. Look for Subscriptiion and click on the Date.

3. A new window will appear, click on Change Serial Number.

4. Enter full Serial number and then click on Next.

5. Follow the prompts to complete activation.

6. Then you should be able to get the latest updates and you were to activate the program.

Hope this works!

Regards,

silentpal

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
khanto

Hello,

Kindly check if you do have the same program version.

1. Open your Trend Micro program and click the ? icon at the corner right portion.

2. Select About.

3. Check the program version

It might be possible that one of you is using 2011 version while the other is 2012. Also It might be possible that the trial version could be a different version (example is Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security or Titanium Antivirus+)

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
nick-perardi

Paid: http://screencast.com/t/lygvgVv8I

Trial: http://screencast.com/t/CYygSrDGtWH

These are the screenshots for both the trial and paid versions of Titanium Maximum Security 2012.  It just seems very strange to me that when fully updated they have different virus definitions.  Any thoughts as to why?

Please use plain text.
Customer Service Manager
khanto

[ Edited ]

Based from the screenshot, both trial and full version is using 2012 version.

Both trial and full version should have the same virus definition.

Based from your original post, you mentioned that you are attempting to download something and it was blocked by the Trial version.

Kindly try and check the image below comapre if you have different settings under virus and spyware controls.

screens.jpg

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
nick-perardi

Since I first posted this, it turns out that the program I was trying to download became unblocked by both the paid and trial versions.  I checked the scan preferences page on both versions and the settings all appear to be the same.

Just because this kind of thing really bugs me, I am very curious how the two definitons can both be fully updated, yet still be different.  Both were downloaded directly through your website.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
silentpal

Hi Nick-perardi,

To answer your question about getting updates and virus definitions on both trial and pair account, the updates that trial and full license is the same because of Cloud Technology and we call it Smart Protection Network. The only difference is trial version's expiration last 30 days for some 60 to 90days.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

silentpal

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.