Skip to content

Stone Emissary
Techrookie
Accepted Solution

TrenMicro Subscription Renewal issue

I currently use TMIS for Dell 1995-2008, version 16.60.3021 which expires on the 27th. The subscription renewal reminder informed me that if the credit card I used the last time was still valid (it isn't) I didn't need to do anything and if it wasn't the e-mail provided a link for a manual renewal (see below):

If the credit card used for your previous purchase is still valid, you don't have to do a thing. Otherwise, simply click here to renew manually.

Upon successful renewal, you will receive a confirmation email, and your subscription will be extended for another year.

That link leads to a page which has a purchase of TM Titanium for $62.95!!! Using the "renew now" button in the "other settings" of the main console I get to a page which has TM Titanium for $41.95. However if I complete the purchase I end up with a new product with a different serial # which means I have to download and install it after I have uninstalled the version I have now. This also means that I would have to redo all my settings if I don't want the defaults.

My question is this: if the original credit card was still valid I assume the process would have been totally transparent to me and my subscription would have been extended with my current version. Why do I have to change to the "titanium" version when I am satisfied with the product I have now? Is there a way to simply renew the subscription without all this "hassle"? Can I simply update the credit card info so that the automatic renewal takes place?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

:smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
red_one

Re: TrenMicro Subscription Renewal issue

To answer you question about automatic renew, please click on the link below:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1055073.aspx

To renew your subscription, please click on the link below:

http://www.trendmicro.com/buy/us/pcc-us-serial.asp

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Techrookie

Thanks for the quick answer. I had found these 2 pages already and the one for the renewal takes me to same page as selecting the "renew now" button from the main console that I mentioned earlier but at a higher price of $49.95. It still refers me to the Titanium product; as a matter of fact the page clearly says "buy now" not "renew". 

It still doesn't allow me to renew the subscription only without "buying" this new version. Maybe this is the only way to do it but that makes me wonder what would have happened if my credit card had remained the same. 

There are too many variations with the renewal process and I'm sure that it is possible to simply renew the subscription but I just haven't found out how!!!

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
erza

hi Techrookie,

yes there are many ways to renew your subscription: from the program, from my account, from trend micro website or by typing your sn here

you can proceed with the renewal and not download the Titanium and you can keep your program and settings, however the reason why you're given the Titanium is because of the life cycle of a software, for more information about end-of-life, end-of-support check this article

you will really have to upgrade your program soon

cheers!

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Formerly posting as slabster.
Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Techrookie

Hi Erza

As far as I have been able to determine no matter which "path" I follow to renew the subscription the system leads me to a new version of the product; even when I enter my current serial number from the link you gave me I end up on a page "buying" the Titanium versrion and starting a new subscription with different dates, settings, etc. There is absolutely no way to just renew what I have (at least that I have been able to figure out)!!! 

The point I was trying to make was that this would not have occured if the credit card that I had used was still valid and I did not have to do anything. This seems very strange to me and not very practical.

So if anyone can figure out how to do it I would appreciate the info. Otherwise I will wait for the e-mail telling me that my subscription could not be renewed and take it from there.

Thanks,

:smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
red_one

I think it would be best for you if will contact Customer Support for additional assistance.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Noble
nayan007

The best thing is to conact Trend Micro customer support

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
silentpal

[ Edited ]

Techrookie,

Yeah they are correct pleaes contact Trend Micro Support so that they can help you with your renewal.

Regards

Silentpal

***Note: This thread is locked due to inactivity, for similar concerns kindly post a new topic.

Please use plain text.