TEKIAMI
peterdw
Accepted Solution

Too many installations error, but only one computer is activated and showing in account

I have three computers at home. They've all been protected by a licence for Trend Micro Internet Security 2010. I now have a new licence and have installed Trend Titanium Internet Security 2011 (which automatically uninstalled the old version) to give me protection for the next 2 years. When I go to activate the second computer, I get the "Too many installations" error. When I go to my account there is only one computer listed (the first computer) and I do not have any option to remove other computers to allow the second and third to be activated (as instructed by the online help and video).

Why is this and how do I resolve?

Thanks.

Peter

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Re: Too many installations error, but only one computer is activated and showing in account

Hi peterdw,

You can check on this link for some information about registration of your Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security and the Too many installations message you are receiving.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Artee :smileyhappy:

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
peterdw

Re: Too many installations error, but only one computer is activated and showing in account

Thanks Artee. I've read that page about 10 times and watched the video as well! Unlike the examples shown, where you can select one of the three activated computers and take protection away from one of them for the computer you are trying to activate, in my case there is only one computer activated on the licence (not two, not three, just one - the first one I activated). If I have too many installations, then there should be three showing. 

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Hi peterdw,

Can you provide a screenshot of what you are getting?

Also, just a reminder, if the screen shot is showing any sensitive info like your Serial Number, please stirke it through to hide it.

Regards,

Artee

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro
slabster

hi peterdw,

please try this hotfix

please let us know if it works, cheers! :smileyhappy:

btw, i'm assuming that you are using the TIS serial number which starts with P*** to activate the program on your second computer

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience. Now posting as erza.
Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
peterdw

Thanks Slabster. I've used the hotfix on my second computer, but still have the problem. Do I need to do it on the first computer as well? I am using the serial number emailed to me starting with PLMX. Screenshot attached.

Please use plain text.
TEKIAMI
peterdw

Ahhh! I also raised this directly with Support who have responded - my licence is only for one computer, not three. The licence is provided through work as an employee benefit and in previous years covered 3 computers; not sure why it has been cut back to one now. Anyway, Artee and Slabster, thanks for working with me; sorry it was a wild goose chase.

Peter

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
phua

Hi

I am buy trendmicro internet security online. The keyboard of my computer was stuck when I download it. Thus I receive the notice that I did downloat 9 times. Actually, I not download yet. Please, help me

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
Shygal

you may download the installer by using their esupport site.

You mentioned that you're attempting to install Internet Security. So use the link:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-US/1059035.aspx

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
mrestey

You know ... I have NEVER in my entire life used a program that has so many annoying, bazzar issues pop up out of NOWHERE.

It has been a number of months since resolving my last bazzar problem with Titanium not updating and now out of the blue it not accuses me of having installing this stupid software on too many computers! I have installed it on ONE COMPUTER! ONE! Nothing has changed on my PC - unless Titanium either did it or allowed it without my knowledge - but now this happens!

I have gotten nothing but frustration from Trend Titanium and wish I could get a refund for the good money I paid for it!

Don't think I will be renewing at the end of this subscription in March.

Good luck to you Peter playing technitian and trying to straight out this screwed software. I for one have had it with this.

Please use plain text.