Skip to content

Stone Esquire
lray
Accepted Solution

Titanium's Unauthorized Change Prevention keeps blocking mbam.exe

After using TM products for 3 years now, I recently upgraded to Titanium.  I keep getting a notice that the "unauthorized change prevention" has blocked and terminated "mbam.exe".

Obviously, I intend to let Malwarebytes run unencumbered, but "Titanium" does not allow any exceptions for the "unauthorized change prevention".  Apparently I must turn off the "unauthorized change prevention" protection???

Please use plain text.
Stone Noble
monkey_d_luffy

Re: Titanium's Unauthorized Change Prevention keeps blocking mbam.exe

Malwarebyte conflicts with Titanium, i suggest that you quit Trend Micro when trying to scan using malwarebytes

To quit Titanium, right click on the Trend Micro logo on the system tray (near the clock) and select exit.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Like my response? Please give me a Kudos!
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
lray

Thanks for your response  monkey_d_luffy , Titanium and Malwarebytes work together fine, except for TM's "unauthorized change prevention".   With it turned off, all other automatic functions of both softwears work fine.  I sure like the way the automated functions of Mbam work. TM should expect that "exceptions" would be necessary for any unauthorized change prevention system, don't you think?  Thanks, Lray.

Please use plain text.
Stone Noble
monkey_d_luffy

[ Edited ]

even if you put malwarebyte in the exception list it will still conflict with the real time protection service of both program. i suggest that you leave it that way :smileyhappy:

**************************************************​****************************************

Just an update, we can try upgrading to the new 2012 version and check if problem persist.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059​195.aspx

***Note: This thread is locked due to inactivity, for similar concerns kindly post a new topic.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Like my response? Please give me a Kudos!
Please use plain text.