Skip to content

Stone Esquire
eands

Re: Titanium update consumes 40%-50% CPU coreServiceShell - Trend Micro Anti-Malware Solution Platfo

Did the same to  me,  i reinstalled 2010

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
chaste02

Re: Titanium update consumes 40%-50% CPU coreServiceShell - Trend Micro Anti-Malware Solution Platfo

Base on the Support cases we have received CoreServiceShell.exe causes high CPU/Mem usage due to the following:
1. Conflicting security software.
2. Low system resources - only happens when browsing media heavy websites.
3. Malware infection.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Mattwa

Chaste02,

Can you please be a little more specific? What security software? What malware infection? Do you have any specific examples that might help to troubleshoot the problem?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
chaste02

For Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus+ we need to make sure that there's no security software which provides antivirus and antispyware feature.

For TM Titanium IS and Max Security we need to remove security software that provides antivirus, antispyware protection and internet security (Spam Protection, Parental Control, Malicious Behavior Monitoring, Web Protection).

For malwares, most Fake AV variants and other malware which frequently access the web can cause high cpu..

It can also be encountered when your Available Physical Memory is 100MB below.

What we usually do is to manually look for conflicts in Add/Remove programs. For malwares we run Trend Micro free tools, Housecall and Rootkitbuster. If your issue only happens when browsing and have low memory, Support Team can provide a hotfix.

Hope this helps.

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Mattwa

[ Edited ]

Hi Chaste,

Thanks for that.

I've had a look through my add/remove programs and couldn't see anything obvious that would conflict with Trend. I'll run a malware/Virus scan tonight, to see if anything comes up.

The coreServiceShell currently consumes around 3-10% of cpu at any one time, and can spike to 100% on occasion. I'm pretty sure it's Trend, as the problem disappeared on uninstalling trend, and re-appeared after re-installing.

It's causing me more irritation than anything else at this stage, but I'd appreciate any info that could sort it out.

Cheers

Matt

******************************************************************************************

Just an update, we can try upgrading to the new 2012 version and check if problem persist.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059195.aspx

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
gleeso78

Re: Titanium performance problems

This is probably a stupid question, but how do you roll back to internet security 2010 - I'm fed up with how much of my wireless speed it consumes. It also seems to cause my CPU to work a lot harder (the fan on my brand new Toshiba Core i7 laptop seems to be constantly on). I dont have my install disk/file so was hoping that the setup files are available on the Trend Micro website somewhere?

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Poppas

can we say FALSE ADVERTISEMENT !

Titanium is one of the worst antivirus programs I have seen in over 10 years.

I too did the upgrade via link in email from trend.

After some changing of settings I got my computer to load up a little faster but not much.

I am a gamer and this program really messes with game play on the computer.

LOL try to connect to the internet and it takes as high as 5 minutes for my browser to open.

How is this not slowing me down?

Yesterday I hit ctrl+alt+del and it opened 50 task managers. After 10 minutes of clicking to close them it opened another 50.

I finally closed Titanium and got my computer back under control.

And if you have a home network , the firewall will not let any of your networked computers on the internet.

and no settings to fix it but to disable it.

Its a shame when windows firewall is a better choice !

It is a serious issue when you have to close your antivirus program just to do anything on your computer.

I have been a trend micro user for over 10 years and never have I been so disappointed in a product as I am now.

I own/operate a computer repair shop and have recommended trend micro to so many of my customers.

Unfortunately now I will go the what use to be the #2 in virus protection and use there product.

Please use plain text.
Affiliate
greggmh123

Go to the Download Center here http://downloadcenter.trendmicro.com/index.php?clk=left_nav&clkval=all_download&regs=NABU and download the one that you want, either standard or Pro. Your current license should work to install it.

Remove Titanium, reboot, then install using the file you just downloaded.

Gregg Hill

I am a Trend Micro Affiliate. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
francullo

I've Trend Titanium Internet Security anda i try to install Maximun Security. but my licence is wrong.

Now I try if is better, because my IBM T61 with Titanium is very slowly.

What can i do to receive the correct licencing?

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
francullo

CoreServiceShell is upper on CPU usage.

Also Maximum Security is worst then Trend Internet Security 2009.

I attend an answer by Trend Micro.

Please use plain text.