Skip to content

Stone Esquire
ImJake
Accepted Solution

Titanium maximum security, Incompatible with iolo

When I run it it says there is incompatiable software, which is iolo. It has been uninstalled, removed from registry and services are disabled at start up. I cant find any files on the computer from it. But same error everytime I try to install

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
ImJake

Re: Titanium maximum security, Incompatible with iolo

Maybe that can be of some help?

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
_austin316_

Hi ImJake,

I have checked the system information log you have provided and I have found entries for iolo inside C:\Program Files folder. You may go to this location and delete the folder of iolo, additional steps for clearing out iolo remnants can be found on the link below:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059650.aspx

Regards,

_austin316_

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
ImJake

I did as you said, Now I get the following error code

"#0, 1003, 0X000"

I've been to task manager and ended all the proccess that werent necisarry and I've tried uninstalling my previous version of trendmicro but when I click remove (in add/remove programs) nothing happens and I can click again. Ive tried opening my previous version of trendmicro and nothing happens either.

My parents said when they bought a 2 yr subscription last time they had this same problem, but they dont remember how Trend Micro told them how to fix it.

If problems persist, and we cannot get the software installed on this machine my parents would like for you to void the creditcard transaction

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
se7en

Hi ImJake,

Please use the links below to uninstall the Trend Micro program on your computer.

For the 2011 version:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1056455.aspx

For the 2010 version and below:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1037161.aspx

Please run the uninstaller on both links. See if you can uninstall the Trend Micro program then.

Regards,

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
_austin316_

Hi ImJake,

We appreciate your cooperation, rest assured we'll try our best to fix this problem for you.

Please refer to the link below for the solution about the exact error message you received:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1058895.aspx

Just some tips:

1. Check if you have these processes on the task manager and end the task: (outlook.exe, msimn.exe or winmail.exe). Then proceed with the installation.

2. For uninstalling old versions, you may use the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit instead of doing it thru the Control Panel (Add/Remove programs). Steps on doing this is also included on the link above.

Regards,

_austin316_

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
ImJake

Used the toolkit to unistall trend micro 2010, now I'm back with my original error that iolo was found on the system.. but again its not on here.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
_austin316_

Hi ImJake,

I would suggest to contact Iolo's support so that they can assist you in clearing out any traces left behind by their program. They may even have a toolkit like ours that would make the cleanup of remnants much easier. Here is a website that you can refer to:

http://www.iolo.com/company/contactus.aspx

Regards,

_austin316_

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
AlfredMarkarian

Hi, I want to keep my iolo and Trend Micro. I use my iolo system mechanic all the time. Trend has now removed my old Trend software and wont install the new software until I remove iolo. I have paid good money for both these programs and like to keep both. Please advise.

Regards
Alfred Markarian

Please use plain text.
Master Esquire Neo
Master Esquire
Neo

Hello AlfredMarkarian

I am using also Iolo System mechanic and trend micro together ... but you have first to uninstall System mechanic install trend micro titanium and after you have installed trend micro titanium then install system mechanic... 

Please use plain text.