Skip to content

Stone Esquire
EricNilson
Accepted Solution

Titanium keeps asking me to Verify

At some point - Titanium has started to act oddly.  It keeps asking me to "Verify" as if I haven't been connected to the Internet - however this computer is almost always connected - and when I verify - it doesn't work even though I am connected and am, in fact, able to do other things online.  A KB article suggested I run Housecall - which I did - and it found nothing (and I did the full scan for that).  Please help as this is causing notifications from Titanium to pop up all the time (asking me to Verify) and I'm concerned that it may not be scanning as it should be.  Thanks.

I should add also that the main Titanium screen says "Protection Outdated" and is also asking me to Verify - but when I do - the main screen goes away and nothing happens.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
robin_p

Re: Titanium keeps asking me to Verify

Hi EricNilson,

Thank you for reporting the issue and we apologize for the inconvenience. What Titanium version are you using? Depending on the version that you have, I suggest you reinstall the program by following the steps on this link,

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-US/1058995.aspx

Regards,

Robin

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
EricNilson

6.0.1215 I believe - it acts like it is trying to update - but it never does.  Should I try that advice above then?  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
robin_p

Hi EricNilson,

Yes, go ahead and try it.

Regards,

Robin

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
EricNilson

Also - when I go to log in to even try to do what's at the link you provided - it's telling me I have an invalid e-mail address, won't let me login - and when I try to lookup by serial number - it says I have an invalid serial number - even though the app says I'm subscribed until September 2013.  Anything we can do to help with this?

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
EricNilson

An update on this - which is some good and some bad.  The good is that reinstalling seems to have worked.  The bad is that my license key is being seen as invalid so I am on the 30-day eval again until I can get this issue rectified.  Trend Micro was installed by Best Buy when I bought it - but I took the key directly out of the program where it shows the key - yet Trend Micro doesn't seem to like it.  Is there any hope for this?  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
robin_p

Hi EricNilson,

Kindly reply to my personal message.

Regards,

Robin

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
owenhlewis

Hi Robin, i'm experiencing the same problem.

My icon in the task bar has the caution symbol with the exclamation mark and it keeps asking me to connect to the internet and then verify.

When i click verify, it doesn't do the update.

Do i need to reinstall this program?

Please advise.

Kind regards,

OWENHLEWIS

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Doremon95

I have the same problem as Eric Nilson and OwenLewis.
I purchased the TM Titanium Internet Security for 3 devices.

first devlce installed at home has no problems - is Windows XP.
2nd time when I try to install at work (also Windows XP), upon completion of installation (100%),
instead of prompting me to enter the Computer name like the 1st time, jumped straight to Installation Completed - BUT, not activated.

When I try to activate, software tried to connect to Trendmicro website but failed.

I tried to go trend micro website, but also failed. For some reason, MS Internet Explorer 8 does not allow me to go there. I tried using Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, also cannot get to trendmicro site, but other sites like Google are ok.

This is very strange.

Any advise ?

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
tadbelmonte

Same problem. Kindly help me. What will i do? When i bought my asus laptop it has free 1 year subscription.
Please use plain text.