Skip to content

Stone Esquire
Johno
Accepted Solution

Titanium Maximum Security 2012 Installer won't work as says I Don't have an Internet connection

Hi,

I have a desktop PC running windows XP and have Trend Micro Internet Secuirty 2010 installed on there.This computer is connected by a cable to my wifi router internet conenction. I have 2 laptops that share the same internet connection as the desktop via wifi.

I recenely purchased an upgrade to Titanium Maximum Security 2012. I have installed it successfully on the 2 laptops but with the desktop I downlaod the installer form Titanium and run ti and it extracts but then it says I have no internet connection and tries to connect 5 times before bringing up an error so to conenct to the internet. I find this silly as abviosuly I do have a connection to the intrent as otherwsie I wouldn't have been able to downlaod the installer and I am typing this on the ocmputer now so obviously I DO have an internet connection.

I have contacted live chat help twice re this problem and have done everything they suggest (flushing DNS, turn off firewall etc) but I cannot fix this problem.

i tried uninstalling Trend Micro Internet Security 2010 from the desktop pc completely and that still didn't work. Funnily enough I then re downloaded Internet Security 2010 and that installed fine and downlaoded updates etc. I like that way better though as there is no stupid installer program you just downlaod the WHOLE program and then it just connects to the internet and downloads the updates.

To say I am frustrated is an understatement. Whats the point in upgrading if I can't install it on one of my computers?

Does anybody have any ideas on what to do now or has had this same problem. It would be so much easier if I could just downlaod the WHOLE program (like Pro 2010) instead of using the stupid installer which is obviously causing me all these problems! I asked live chat re this and they said no it's not possible to just downlaod the whole program like in previous versions, you need to use the intsaller. Why? I can't understand why ?

I'm now at a loss of what to do. I feel like I have wasted my money. I have used trend for many years and have never had a problem with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Johno

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
silentpal

Re: Titanium Maximum Security 2012 Installer won't work as says I Don't have an Internet connection

Hi Johno,

I understand your frustrations in trying to upgrade your Trend Micro Internet Security 2010 to Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012 on your desktop computer but it won't do it because it is telling you that you don't have an Internet connection. Let me share with you my expertise and experience on this case and I personally apologize for the inconvenience that this has brought to you. If the case wasn't resolve by my suggestion I encourage you to contact our Technical Support for proper case handling via phone since already contacted chat support.

Before installing Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012 on your desktop computer since you mentioned that it is connected through WiFi please make sure that it has an excellent signal strength to make sure the installation will not be interrupted because Titanium versions of the program rely heavily on stable Internet connection because of Smart Protection Network or in the Cloud protection.

You may check the Internet connection speed using http://speedtest.net/

Try downloading installer file for Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012 on this link and hope you can install it. Hope this helps!

Regards,

silentpal

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
Johno

Re: Titanium Maximum Security 2012 Installer won't work as says I Don't have an Internet connection

Try downloading installer file for Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012 on this link and hope you can install it. Hope this helps!

Regards,

silentpal

Hi,

Downlaoding the installer file from the above link worked a treat and it's now installed successfully. thanks very much for your help.

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
leeguth

I am having a similar issue with Windows Vista. I installed/upgraded to Titanium 2012 and it disconnected my network. The only way I can get it to reconnect is to restore my system to before I installed. I am using a desktop with a wired connection.

My laptop upgraded with no issues.

Please help!

Please use plain text.
Trend Micro Employee
arteec

Hi leeguth

Do you have multiple security programs installed on this computer? Please check if there are other security programs installed under jthe control panel.

Regards, 

Artee

I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.
Please use plain text.