Stone Esquire
mitstech
Accepted Solution

Titanium Internet Security Temporary Files

Hi all,

Just having a problem with a HP running Server 2003 SBS with Trend Micro Internet Security Titanium v 3.0.1303 installed.

The user noticed a lot of ########.TMP files being created within normal folders. After trying to delete them they were locked. I used process explorer to find that coreserviceshell.exe was locking the files. Closing down Trend on the server will remove ALL the TMP files after about 15 seconds.

Why is trend creating so many tmp files all over the place? and why arent they automatically being deleted? Some are sitting in there from last month

thanks

Please use plain text.
Stone Emissary
phas30ut

Re: Titanium Internet Security Temporary Files

Hi mitstech,

You mentioned the computer is running the OS Server 2003 SBS? on the screenshot it looks like its on XP?

Pleas check on the esupport link below for the list of supported Operating System.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/What-are-the-minimum-system-requirements-I-need-to-run-Trend-Mi...

Hope this helps!

Please use plain text.
Stone Esquire
mitstech

Re: Titanium Internet Security Temporary Files

Hi phas30ut,

The screen shot was taken from one of their terminals just showing the temporary files which are created. Because this is a network drive it is just looking at the directory on their server anyway.

To be honest I didn't think twice about looking for system requirements. I have had clients using basic trend micro I/s on sbs03 before but had never come across anything like this.

Thanks

Please use plain text.