04-09-2013 10:37 AM - edited 04-09-2013 10:38 AM
I have Trend Micro Titanium 2013 installed on my windows 7 laptop and for some reason, I have been unable to open the main console these past few days. I have tried re-installing the program and used the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit to uninstall it, I've tried changing the compatability settings to "run this progam as an administrator" but it still won't run. I don't have any other anti-virus software installed either. Any ideas?
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-10-2013 04:43 AM - last edited on 11-15-2013 09:53 AM by RuthS
You may try installing the program under hidden administrator account which is built in with Windows 7.
1. Make sure that you have successfully uninstalled Trend Micro program on your computer.
2. Please click on the link below to have an idea on how to activate hidden Administrator account:
3. Restart your computer then log-in to Administrator account.
4. Download and run this file by clicking on the link RegKeyFolderPermissionRecover2.exe
5. Once Done and the hot fix is successfully installed, Download the installer file of Trend Micro Internet Security 2013 by following the steps below.
Please click on the link to view the steps in installing Trend Micro Internet Security 2013:http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-US/1058
6. After you have successfully installed the product, log off from the Administrator account then log back in to your original account and check if the program is working properly.
7. Deactivate the hidden Administrator account by following the steps on the link provided in Step number 2.
Hope this helps.
04-18-2013 10:07 AM - last edited on 11-15-2013 09:53 AM by RuthS
You may try applying the hotfix for "Unable to open main console" issue that you are encountering. You can follow the steps on the link below.
You can also check the article below for more troubleshooting steps.
I am a Trend Micro employee. My comments and advice come from my personal knowledge and experience. I’m happy to volunteer what I can to help others have a great Trend Micro experience.